1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi gone, never again .... Follow up

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Dave Multistrada 1200ST, May 9, 2013.

1. makes you think a little bit about buying second hand :eek:

2. Don't see why......you'll get his for two parts of fuck all because it's that shit :upyeah:

3. and on top of that, it's black, so only one part

4. Black Multi's are the stealthiness models available and the fastest.!. ;0)

Oh I do own 1 too, which has had 3 or 4 warranty issues also.!.

#24 samieb, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  5. Careful. The last time I suggested that black wasn't the best colour scheme for the Multi I got flamed by the strange people who hang out on the Mutley threads.

6. Not if they don't move like this one doesn't........allegedly. :tongue:

7. Is that stealthy as in hidden in a garage waiting for parts?

8. As in the colour Black, done 5K in 12 months and goes like the wind, when wound up. ;0)

9. When you say "wound up" and "like the wind", do you mean you call it stupid, ugly and unreliable and then it farts and flies away?

• Like Like x 1
  10. It is my belief that all his problems were down to a poorly positioned tax disc holder, Zen !

• Like Like x 5
  11. Ah! Bad feng shui - it's all starting to make sense now.

12. These two threads have been an absolute classic and have made me really laugh
    OP - I respect your opinion however your experience does not accord with mine and I also suspect you are perhaps less inclined to go with the flow in terms of quirkiness than I am -

I have three ducatis -

a 95 600ss which can only be described as bomb proof - serviced by me and owned for about 10 years and its a keeper
    a 2001 748s which was serviced by ducati john for belts but is now by me and the only issue I have ever had was an oil leak which tunred out to be due to a mismatched head and bottom end (classic ducati parts bin issue) - easily solved - owned for about 8 years will never sell it
    a 2009 1198s which so far appears 100% sound - but is very definately quirky - owned for about 8 months and loving it

I have had jap stuff as well and can say that they were similar in the sense that I didnt have problems save for minor niggles - nothing quite like the parts-bin problem of the 748 but more 'car-like' issues if that makes sense

Thing is - I ride my ducatis I feel like its an event - feel like a king riding them and they feel much more involving - more of a handful need more mechanical sympathy. There is much more of an 'art' if you like to riding them fast and smooth

My Kwak zx636r for example was very very quick - light - responsive and reliable - rode it through winters and it didnt suffer at all. But - never felt any different to me than when I jump in a car - it was an appliance rather than an object of desire and whlst I can say it was a great machine it just didnt poke me in the ribs or make me stand in the garage drooling. It was just too easy to ride and I genuinely would not have minded if I had slid it down the road. I just didnt have the same connection - it could scare me if I wanted but it didnt get the adrenaline pumping unless I was riding mentally fast on it

Bit like women really - I would go (and did) for the sexy firey tidy little italian - mostly reliable but sometimes just sometimes does something that boils my piss and annoys the hell out of me - but - keeps me interested and the rest that neednt be mentioned is sparky as ever - after 14 years

I rather suspect the OP is married to a woman who is a little bit lardy, does the washing and cleans the house, is always there to make the tea, will never do anything quirky and can be relied upon 100% - but at the end of the day is just too bland to be exciting for me

Its horses for courses and everyone is different but to say all ducatis are crap is a little ridiculous really

• Like Like x 7
  13. Best post of the day so far :upyeah:

14. No Loz with a full Termi system, when its wound up it sounds the Dogs Bollox and has a great sounding bark.

15. I was kidding around, Sam. You said about winding it up and I was goofing off on that.

I've ridden with folks on older Multi's, been put to shame by some of them if I'm honest. You don't have to tell me how well they go or how good they sound. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is bringing a new meaning to Black Friday. I'm glad a went for one in the proper colour because at least I know it wasn't finished in a hurry while the workers were planning their weekends on the piss.

17. Brilliant!!!

18. F*cking hell.... is another thread really necessary?? You're disappointed in your bike and Ducati in general... we got it. It was clear enough in the first thread :rolleyes:

19. We like a bit of banter :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  20. To be fair to the OP, if you've spent a lot of cash you're bound to be pissed off if you've had as many problems as he had. My Multi 1000S had all of the known issues occur on it, after three years and a lot of cash spent on spares and hassle I decided to get rid.

I replaced it with a Honda CBF1000, which is a worthy motorcycle but oh so dull. I could very easily be tempted by the Multi 12, and have also been looking at Aprilias, Guzzi's and Benellis - I miss the big twin so much. But at the moment, I don't have the folding, and have buggered up my knee playing football anyway, so I can't ride!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information