1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi spotted (alt....was it you?)....

Discussion in 'Ducati Spotted' started by Multi rider, May 12, 2012.

1. u

Do tell, do tell.

2. Ah that puts a different complexion on things entirely. You didn't say you were doing 85mph at the time of said manoeuvre so I imagined the circumstances in which I would make a third lane - and it would only be in a slow-moving queue. I can still remember a terrifying ride the the Isle of Man in 1982 when I was making a third lane at 90mph to pass a car on a dual carriageway on my Honda 900 and one of my mates decided to make a fourth lane between me and the Armco, showering me with gravel from the edge of the central reservation. Glad those days are behind me! Oh how we laughed when we got to Heysham - but it could have been curtains for us both. Youth really is wasted on the young isn't it?!

#342 Speed_Triple, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  3. Just being thrown down the wrong side of a fast A road, and being narrowly missed by oncoming traffic, after a terrifying 100-yard tank slapper caused, I'm pretty sure, by a lightening of the front end due to having overloaded a top box. It was a long time ago, but the mental scars have never healed - to the extent that I hate carrying any luggage that doesn't fit in my backpack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You are not wrong there. Andy

5. Seconded, but pity you've got to be an old git to realise it :(

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Still riding though - and a Ducati at that. Plus I've been able to spend two summers riding from Canada to Mexico along the Pacific Coastal Highway, which beats going to the IoM any day.

Next up Eastern Europe on the MTS, then the Northern Lights.

7. Take some doing mind to beat the Island as a spectacle, I think, but not as a ride experience.
    Well jealous of the American trips. :upyeah:

8. I went to the Island twice - 80 and 82. Where else can can you see seven MV Augusta Americas in a row? Loved it and may go back next year. But as you say though there are thrills to be had, once you've ridden the roads there are other places to go. The USA trips and my Europe trips usually account for 3,500-4,000 miles. In the USA I hired GSes but I take my Multi to Europe. .

9. I saw 2 today parked up at the Bristol classic bike show today, a Grey Multi GT and a red Multi.

10. Spotted another red multi braving the slimy roads around Cheddar today.

11. Spotted two hardy souls on red Multi's today in Mumbles.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. I saw a Mutley at Loomies today :)

13. Saw a young lad on one Saturday going to excel

14. That was me tiptoeing through the Gorge,gutted to find the cafe closed....

15. We weren't there long either, headed off to wsm.

16. Spotted 4 mutley's together on Friday, two red and two white. They were'nt half attracting a lot of attention where they were.

17. A black multi heading south down the M5 just north of Bristol yesterday about 11.45. Ish.

18. Red multi in Newquay Cornwall on Saturday 5ish 2 up and looking good in the sun.

19. Couple of Mutleys at West Bay today, one PP and a 2up at the Morrisons petrol station.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hi, new forum member here, enjoying the threads. Pic is taken from hotel room in Slovenia - looked out of window in the morning and spotted the only other Multi we saw all week, in the hotel car park next to ours! Unfortunately didn't get to meet the owners; they'd left by the time we got down for breakfast - obviously keener than us...!

IMGP0385.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information