1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Multistrada 1200 D-Air®

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DesmoDucMan, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Each to their own and that's the beauty of biking.

Been riding the same length of time and worn the same as well. Now wear leathers for the track and textile for the road. I think I'd rather contribute towards driving lessons for some other folk though - 30+ years of riding experience didn't stop the lunatic from pulling across my path at the last minute a few years back! An airbag would probably have reduced down my chest injuries so do I now wear one? Nope...........but I am looking for a new exhaust to put on the bike! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. lol me too.
    tbh in my experience of bouncing off things at speed i personally think the only useful bit of kit would be a parachute,the rest of it becomes meaningless when youre bouncing of all the road furniture out there.
    a blowup suit will only protect internal organs from damage if its an all over pressure suit like fighter pilots use,having a few blowup bumpers isnt going to save you much more than maybe making you bounce off in a different projectory.
    obviously if you land in a pond i can see the use but then depending on your "build" it might hold you upside down in the water..:Nailbiting:

heheh..:Hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've been hinting strongly to my wife that I would like one of these Multistrada specific D-air jackets for my birthday this year. She told me the other day that she phoned a Ducati dealer and was told that the integrated jacket was only available as an option when buying a new Multistrada and the electronics could not be retrofitted.

I am sure I saw a press release a little while back that said it could be retrofitted to older Mutleys? I don't want to fit all that stuff that the generic D-Air kit requires!

Does anyone here have any more info?

4. I can't believe they have no ability to retrofit the system, that's probably dealer ignorance as clearly the system would need to be changed if the bike was sold or if a part failed. The generic D Air system can be fitted after all and really, this is just Ducati branding Dainese as they have done for years.

5. I believe that the bike from the factory is already fitted with the kit. The cost saving is in getting Giovanni to fit at the factory, rather than John in Ducati Leeds or wherever.

The kit which is fitted is AFAIK exactly the same, so, yes, Ducati branding Dainese. Not that there's anything wrong with that if there's a cost saving.

6. I think as a new product, there's probably a lot of confusion abouts.

The D-air is a Dainese system which can be purchased and fitted to any bike. In fact its bee around for a couple of years. The Ducati branding, well, not sure whether there's some advantages in terms of piggy-backing on the SkyHook/Bosch ABS sensors. But not much of a cost saving from what I recall an aftermarket fit would cost

I will ring Ducati Manchester as they are the main distributors for Ducati and Dainese clothing in the UK and speak to the factory direct. They will know more or able to make enquiries for you.

As a small factory, they can't roll everything out at the same time, train their dealers, launch new bike (Monster 821) all at the same time. I'm sure aftermarket fitment is not a problem.

7. Ive just done a deal to buy a new MTS Dair which I'm picking up on Friday. as its the run out bike and the deal was so strong I decided to go for it., I got the jacket as part of the deal, so I hope I don't go all Michelin man on the way home, but I'm sure I won't. Illl report back on anything I find.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information