1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1200s Possibly the best bike in the world

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Shuttlefish, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Hi Urban,

Excellent link, well woth the view, even more so having been round the factory last year.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ogie

2. Well ... wish I could share your enthuiasm , most unreliable and undependable bike ive ever owned , apart from a 1967 250 BSA C15 which was 9 years old when I owned it in 1976 , , Ive never had a bike riddled with so many issues as my Ducati Multi problem Strada

3. Its a shame such a great bike is let down with reliability issues, possibly not the best bike in the world.

4. Strada is italian for problem.
    rofl :biggrin:

5. 2011 PP and no probs what so ever. Rear brake even works. Electronic fuel cap works to its own agenda but small beer.

Sorry for those that have a bung one. Pity, as it's the most astonishing machine. I'd suggest those that have a dud sell and move on.

For those short in stature like me (5'6"), get your seat modified (sculpted lower). Got mine done and just fantastic. Nearly full foot down-you do lose some swing ability as you've lost the height so youve got to compensate for that by being out o' the seat more aggressive maneuvering. Easily doable.
    Mind you my right hip is starting to feel it a bit with the Kung-Fu kick right leg swing mount, easily sorted by "horse mounting" it with left foot on the left peg and up, away and over with the right leg. Giddy up :wink:

6. Ha ha know what you mean it is a bugger to get on it..... I got my right knee stuck as I tried to swing over it and nearly had a wobble moment and the thought passed through my mind that I could easily have pushed it over and landed on top of it in a heap.... fuk... that would have been embarrassing... and expensive..... I have to agree that they are riddled with issues but such a high tec bike is bound to have its fair share of glitches to iron out... at the moment I have a problem with blown fork seals on the Olins, but in all fairness they could have been due to the front end smack i had in December... the insurance are paying to get that put right.... Phew!

7. I took the Strada out for a ride over Exmoor to Tintagel then back to Cullompton via the atlantic highway... that is a fast road... the Multi is a better 2 up bike than my Blackbird was... and it loves to be worked hard.... It was a great days riding, thoroughly recommend that route

8. Or if you want to go touring you could buy the ultimate tourer. BMW gs. Or to be a man a 1198

• Like Like x 1
  9. The ultimate tourer ain't the Beemer. Quality went down the pan years ago, just a cult bike by past reputation & marketing now. Kwaka KLR650. No peer. Like cockroaches; will survive WWIII.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information