1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Gallery

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Good kit on, smooth throttle and the wet ain't so bad (he says!).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have you ever read James May on the inability of waterproof-clothing manufacturers to make anything that comes remotely close to living up to its name? Hilarious.

And then there's cleaning off all the crud afterwards ... life's too short. I only ride in the wet if I'm caught out in it, which means trying to stay south of Watford Gap I'm afraid! Not infallible obviously but it gives you a fighting chance of staying dry and in your bike!! The tire hasn't been invented that can cope with the state of out roads in the wet ... manhole covers on bends, diesel etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. +1

-1 for the fair weather crew

4. I used to be a dry weather biker, since living Scotland for 14 months its either get out and ride or sell the bike. On good roads I still keep the same speed as in the dry, it makes you a smoother rider.

5. Doesn't bother me if its wet! I would only get out to ride every couple of months if I wanted a dry day, where I,m not working, and the wife and kids don't want to do something !
    the gear today is fantastic to what it used to be like, I never get wet feet, I have a decent wet weather set up! Gloves are still shit generally, but with heated grips etc its no problem!
    we went o Le Mans for the gp this year and it pissed down there and back!
    in my eyes it's still a bike holiday which beats sitting on some dull beach somewhere!
    of course dry sunny rides are best, but as they say better to have a bad day on your bike than a good day at work! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just ordered RST adventure jkt & trs, it was in my budget. Should keep me warm and dry for all year round. And my secret weapon is the army gortex bone dry.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm sure that's all true. Trouble is down here the level of bus and lorry traffic is so great that the roads take a real pounding. There are a couple of places I need to go regularly that have huge pot holes on bends. They test even the MTS in the dry so I don't want to try them out in the wet. Taking the bends slowly is no solution either as there's always some Pratt in a car up your a*** hooting his horn.

8. Totally agree Speedie, but Scotland's roads, especially in the northerny bits don't have much crap in them and the views are astounding

9. Just finished editing last weekends videos and photos of our trip to Reims,

Enjoy

#489 Phartycr0c, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  10. Nice vid! :D......great editing, what software?
    What was the arrow pointing out at the side of the road..........a bit of GS fallen off?! lol

11. Hi Andy, Thanks for the positive comment. The software is called trakaxPC its far better than windows movie maker far more intuitive.
    Long story but during the ride something flew past our bike enough for me to turn round and register its happening to the better half.

On arrival at the Hotel some 50 miles further on, my mate declared "Iv'e lost our passports!" It turns out that they had flown out of his partially unzipped tank bag panic set in.
    I had been filming at the time so while the loss was reported to the Police, I reviewed the footage and eventually found the point where the passports took flight. Fortunately it was six minutes into that particular clip and on a fairly rural back road.

On his return from the Police, we had around two hours of light left so the two of us jumped back on the bikes (both Multeys btw) and flew up the motorway to pick up the route from where I had started filming. I used the on board lap timer and ran for six minutes which corroborated the video footage and following a minutes search both passports were found lying in the grass verge. Result.

On the big screen it can be seen that the flying object highlighted by the arrow is in fact a passport. the quality of the camera is that good!

long story I know but it highlights how useful these things can be!

#491 Phartycr0c, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  12. as a matter of interest, how long did it take you to edit this clip?

13. great story! great video! :)

14. In total, once i got to grips with the software, about 4 or 5 hours on and off. The software is so much better than movemaker.

15. you might be interested to know that your video doesn't play on iPads. I just get a "not available on this platform" message. Will look later on laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So thats where the tax disc goes!:biggrin: Great vid:upyeah:

17. Excellent movie Phartycr0c, one question, where do you mount your camera?

18. Looks like same position as mine, fixed at the bottom of the sliding screen bracket ?

19. Thanks Folks. Speed-triple, I know I exported it into WMV as an AVI file was over 5 GB! Ill have a look at the Youtube settings as well.

Doughnut, I have two adhesive camera mounts, one on the lh wing mirror stem and one on the lower exhaust guard on the left hand side. I have had no problems with them coming off, or likely to come off, however just to be belt and braces I popped a tie wrap around the camera and mount in case the heat caused any problems. Its a solid as a rock!

20. The mirror mount works very well for an adhesive one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information