1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Swap For A Monster

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by mike willis, Aug 19, 2024.

1. Thanks for the input, all valuable, I'm pretty sure hanging onto The Multistrada is the right decision for now, the ability to carry spare kit, security chain, store the helmet rather than carry it around, very useful, I have got the bike just right, narrower bars and short screen, comfort seat, all good, amazing in traffic.
    I have also just completed a major service, I may have one big trip left in me, let's see how I feel next year.
    I have turned down the Monster. Decision made.

• Like Like x 5
  2. A Multi Strada V2 then?

Although it has a just little less of everything it'd be no less capable for your needs.

3. I'm sure the Monster will do the job, just not as capable as the DVT

4. I think an early Diavel would fit the bill nicely for your needs. When my Multi goes I have one on my possibles list.

5. Monster SP ?any pictures

6. Waiting til later in the year, maybe early next, see if any changes announced to the Monster in November. I also still have my SF1098S which I need to decide whether I keep or sell…like the idea of the Monster, only hear good things about them.

7. I got a scrambler 1100 after my Multistrada, absolutely love it, it’s just a great bike to just get on and ride, I’m in no rush to get anywhere, it’s comfortable, great in traffic, pops and bangs just like a Ducati should.
    The only thing I miss from my Multistrada is the top box, and for your trips into London and a bit of shopping like you say, they are hugely underrated and if those trips are something you will do a lot I think you will miss it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Test ride required, i town conditions I would say.
    While the multi is taller heavier it also easy to manage.
    Low down 1st gear, what is the Monster like in traffic? I had the 1200r, it hated low speed work.
    Brilliant bike out of town.

9. My multistrada works well in traffic, my bars are above most car wing mirrors and under a lot of vans, most of the time it's fine.
    Not easy taking a helmet or rucksack into a football ground so the top box is priceless.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information