1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 848R Build

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Sinister, Dec 22, 2012.

1. My bike came festooned with Rizoma trinkets, I could not wait to get them off quick enough.... BTW they fetch good money 2nd hand :upyeah: On saying that it does still have the clutch pressure plate.

Like I said either other than the Rizoma and the gold bits oh and the head lights I think you have done a great job.

Please don't put any under bike LED's strips on it or I might never have to visit this thread again :biggrin:

#81 Mr C, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. If there were giant-size christmas crackers, this would fall out of one.

3. This makes Dementors look grey.....oh yeah it is.........:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've seen those grips in a sex shop in Leicester, or was it Bradford?

5. That's one thing that won't go on this bike is the LED strips lol!
    As for the sex shops...there will be plenty of ladies on it...after all I work in a strip joint so I have over 150 women to choose from to take pics on the bike lol!

6. What time are you on stage?

7. Brutal!

I might have to check out this rear linkage deal as I will be racing mine in 2 mths time. Though it's the raining double champion bike so it's up to the task, I just need to get it setup for me and learn to ride on these slicks... yum!

8. sometimes less is more....

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm with you on this. I just don't get the bling thing. My neighbour spent over £7k on his R1 four years ago. He never rode it. And when he chopped it in have a guess if he got his £7k back?

He's now ordered an 848 Evo with a special paint job. He doesn't plan on adding anything else, so he says. :rolleyes: :smile:

10. Is just me, but would it not been cheaper to buy a 1098r, which will always be top of the tree for the 1x98/848 model range.

Could make it the bayliss if bling paint job is required.

11. Was he expecting to get his outlay back?

Most people know that bolts ons rarely add any monetary value to a bike. I've got plenty of extras on my bikes, and if I ever sell them, the goodies will be removed and sold separately. Even then I'm aware that I'll not get all my money back. What I will have got, however, is the satisfaction of owning/riding a bike that is personal to me. That is the point of this guys build.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I know opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, but if it floats his boat fair play, crack on and stick red tyres on if you like (correction, sorry thats a step too far! Lol)

Just in the same way some will have tattoos on their face, its an individuality that makes us stand out from the apes. Hope she's a keeper :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2

13. here here lol - just some seem bigger than others :tongue:

deffo each to their own - we are doing this to please ourselves not others - if we all worried what others thought we wouldnt get out of bed

• Like Like x 4
  14. My thoughts exactly!

15. then why post pictures and descriptions of everything we do on a world wide web? Its to court an opinion......and in the real world...(see what i did there) there are always going to be positive and negative.....fors and againsts plus and minus those that agree those that don't....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nah I'd get arrested ,,, oh hold on

17. what for?

18. Not displaying my tax disc :wink:

19. Like I said: some will like it & some won't, it doesn't matter to what others think...it matters to only me because I am the one who built it & who's going to be riding it!
    If I want to be like everyone else then I would leave it stock lol!
    It not all bling either, I have done engine, suspension & exhaust upgrades on the bike, I agree the gold bits are bling but I like it...it's not just another regular Ducati!
    I never asked for opinions but we all post up pics to let others see what we have done, share our visions & ideas weather the comments are positive or negative!

#99 Sinister, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Keep em coming mate

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information