1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 848R Build

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Sinister, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Got more goodies in for the 848...carbon fibre fairing stay & TTX MKII DU931 rear shock!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Today I installed the Carbon fairing stay, gold Rizoma fluid tanks, the TTX Rear shock, carbon vent inserts (1 of them) & the seat cowl cover :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#102 Sinister, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. So when you've finished this it won't be a Ducati 848 but will be Rizoma 848 won't it?

4. thats what the R stands for stupid..........:tongue:

5. Yeah! Good call El Toro, Andy you nailed it hahaha I'm ready for other people having their own opinion on what a Ducati should be, but no one can tell me what my bike should be :)

with that said...

[​IMG]

#105 Sinister, Jan 16, 2013
  6. Thumbs up for the TTX and Carbon :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. As long as you had the right rocker and rocker ratio to get the benefit out of it........the difference between blinging something and matching performance parts for an upgrade!:upyeah:

8. The rear trac-link isn't really necessary unless you race the bike, my bike is built to be a streetable show bike, I never said that I would race it, I said that I want to enjoy my bike the way I am building it with the look that I want no matter what parts I put on it but that's ok because everyone is entitled to their opinions as I am lol!
    What's important is that I am sharing my views, build, parts...nobody has to like it but me, I am building something different and not your run of the mill race bike!

#108 Sinister, Jan 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lovely build! I don't want to be a party pooper but don't forget to disclose the mods to your insurance company...

10. Thank you and I agree I have everything documented once its finished then I will submit them to the insurance!

#110 Sinister, Jan 16, 2013
  11. Here are a few of pics from today...
    I received my exhaust all poshished up & shiny, also picked up a USB port, a new Ballistic lithium battery & I added the rear wheel sliders along with the Ducabike anodized red wheel nut :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#111 Sinister, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  12. Dude, it's your bike, your passion, your money ... go for it.

Mine has lots of go fast bits but is completely different and kinda looks like a rat at the moment. I'm going to treat her to new race fairings though :wink:

Mine has the rear trac-link but I'm not riding it hard enough to know how amazing it is yet. Hopefully soon, first race is end of March - 13 hours drive away :eek:

13. Yes I was thinking about the trac-link but I am not going to race mine so it's really not that important at the moment for me, for you it's a different story because you will use your bike in a different way, good luck & I wish you all the best...ride safe & get some pics up, I definitely would like to see some!

14. No worries mate, when I get some decent ones I'll stick them up. I'll book another track day for a few weeks time and see what happens then. Thanks

15. The last time I saw that much gold bling on a vehicle, Ali G was driving it on Madonna's Music video :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  16. That was a great video lol! Ali G. is cool hahahaha!

17. Maybe some neat safety/twist wire rather than the cable/zip tie on the rear wheel clip? :smile:

[​IMG]

18. That's just on temporary, I am still wanting for my sprocket carrier to arrive then it will be finished lol!

#118 Sinister, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  19. Ducati's recommendation is to cable tie it.....I'd put a gold one on if I were you tho.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Or a nice stainless steel one :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information