1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 848R Build

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Sinister, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Yep with a 8 foot extension hahahaha!

2. I've seen enough of your bike, lets see some pics of the women at your work.

3. Patience grasshopper! Lol!

4. Got the new Black Sprocket, Ducabike Carrier & Chain on, waiting for a red anodized nut to come in & fairings to be finished next week so that leaves me with the headlight to come from California...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#164 Sinister, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  5. Do you not see colours? Can you only see in black and white?

6. Yeah! I am blind like a bat!

7. Its nearly kitch enough for me to start liking it :wink:

8. Ahhh you will get used to it!

9. Needs some blue samco hoses...and Evans waterless coolant :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. You need to replace the chain with one of these like mine

[​IMG]

#170 Char, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  11. Looks like its really coming together. Looks like you're having lots of fun building it to the machine you want it to be :upyeah:

12. The only problem that I had so far was that new Ducabike Sprocket Carrier...it didn't fit quite good because I couldn't get the wheel nut in far enough to lock, I figured what the problem was, it needed to be milled 1/8 of an inch in the centre just so the the wheel nut would go in far enough, I called the dealer from where I got the carrier & to tell him that I had fitment problems...then he told me that there have been a few guys with 848's that had to shave it down or shave the wheel nut down so that it would be proper, I guess that Ducabike kinda screwed this up by making it too thick, the gold one that was on there work straight from the package with no issues, I don't know about the 1098 / 1198 if they will have similar problems with that carrier...but now it got milled and it fits like a charm, the wheel nut covers it so you can't really tell!

13. That is a pretty cool looking chain, maybe I will keep that in mind when the time comes to replace the chain!

• Like Like x 1
  14. No 8 foot chrome swingarm is complete without the bike being painted in a bright day glow orange with a silver tribal pattern on it. Tasty.

15. You need a set of these on too. Doesn't matter which colour. I'm sure they'll all blend in in your head :wink:

View attachment 10979

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes I agree!

17. Sign me up for one of those, I was hoping for a "Gold tire"

18. The fairings are finished from paint...I am pleased with the subtle ghosted checkered flag on the lower part of the black & the red on the belly pan I have still yet to see it in the sunlight & on the bike but pics will come...

#178 Sinister, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  19. A little update on my fairings...painted the inside of the belly pan black & put them all together & put them on the bike, I am loving the red part in the belly pan & the ghosted checkered flag now I am just waiting for my headlight to come in & then it will be done, these will be the last pics until the completion! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Looks stunning, seems a shame to take it out but that's when the fun starts!!
    Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information