1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 97 748bp so far

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by chizel, Feb 17, 2014.

1. more wee...
    [​IMG]
    lost me train of thought now... had the exhaust system polished, again reality motorworks in Bristol. Started doing it myself and thought I was doing ok but needed a repair done to mid pipes and whilst reality w[​IMG]ere doing that I asked them to polish as well[​IMG] and after[​IMG]
    that marked the end of my polishing days (well almost) the headers where apparently just vapour blasted!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. hmmmmm..... my posts are not coming out in the sequence that im typing em and attaching pics..... anyway that's a swingarm.. hopefully these are the headers and rest of exhaust![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and this should be another swingarm pic
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. that kinda worked. still a few words on the wrong lines but hey... yesterday I received new ohlins damper from the u.s.a but the bracket is missing and the donuts put the value on the duty form and not what I paid so I had to pay £94.00 import duty and vat!!!!!!!!!!! spoke to tax man and will be rebated about £35.00 of that if I fill out form bor286 and attach proof of payment.
    Now awaiting reply from seller as to why no bracket!!!!!!!
    more pics?[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Think you can tell what that all is... Had callipers stripped, new seals and powdercoated and have since got stainless nipples (for them not me), bolts and pins also black galfer braided lines all round. Those are oberone clutch goodies, slave cylinder and bar end mirrors Which im still unsure if i'll use.... any opinions?
    [​IMG] 1098 engine which may be for sale....

5. That's most of the pics of bits although I do have lots mor goodies which will appear in future shots. The rest of pics will be of her going back together, don't have a lot so far but here's where we are at up till Christmas eve (last time I done anything).[​IMG]

6. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af53/mr_chizel/WP_000505_zps2470b7a8.jpg[/IMG][/URL][​IMG]
    Done a lil more that I didn't take pics of like fitted woodcraft clip-ons, headers and set up rear hub assembly. Struck a problem in that the stub axle wont slide in! seems to be catching on the bearings (left side) Left me puzzled and al was a bit busy to give it to much attention but hoppfully will be able to get some time next week to go and do some more!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. That from a Multi?

9. Streetfighter S

10. That's right mate. from an 08 write off, I bought it in 09 it had 207 miles on it (still has) been on my dresser since then till I had to move it to workshop couple of weeks back.

11. Open to insulting offers for it? :wink:

• Like Like x 3
  12. As I said earlier "that'll do pig"!
    I'm in 2 minds here... I kinda need the money but I know if I sell i'll regret it (never have this again) its spanking and I have an r frame to go with.. but.... what ive spent on the 748 and to do this on to the spec I want is going to be double that...... work away son

13. It's only an engine mate, not a trophy trollop. :biggrin:

14. what are those discs with the gold centres 748R?

15. That's not really an offer is it? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Can sort a trollop for ya...:wink:

17. no 99 bip.

18. whilst I do like a trollop I prefer cold had cash!

19. I have a cold hard trollop...:upyeah:

20. your making it hard to say no dude

Do Not Sell My Personal Information