1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Desmosedici has arrived :-)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Dave, on another note. Does the aerofoil on your new helmet make you more stable? I don't think I could tell if I'm honest :biggrin:

2. Is this your bike in the pics Dave?

3. I've not been faster than 85mph with it on so I don't really know. :cool:

4. Yus mate - fantastic photos by Scrawnsenior eh? Nikon D3 + some talent = amazing results.

5. Putting my Sherlock hat on I note that the tax disc holder you found whilst cleaning is not in this pic?

6. What? This pic?

6868d1349627395-my-desmosedici-has-arrived-thruxton-020.jpg

I think it is ... you can just make it out (if it isn't then the tax disc fairies must have put it on at some point between yesterday afternoon and this evening) :smile:

6868d1349627395-my-desmosedici-has-arrived-thruxton-020.jpg

7. Most odd, zooming in on this pic you can't quite see the bottom edge of the holder and can see the plate behind it, the other pic looks like you can't see the plate behind it? I'll get me coat

8. Desmosuduchi :biggrin:

9. Dave,

Glad to see you are enjoying it - they are truly spoiling bits of kit to ride. What else will ever come close? They are fantastic fun. Stiff as hell, but once you get used to that, you stop noticing and start noticing how accurate they are (more than we are usually).

As for run in, I gave mine the 600mls (in about four days!) and then got it up to JHP. Once service was done, I just wound it up gently for about another 100mls on the way back, then gave it hell. It is unreal at high revs. You think it is quick at the moment, just wait....! My engine has now got 15,000mls on it and it has never missed a beat - so must be broken in OK by now! I was also surprised how docile and controlled they were at low revs - the fueling and throttle control are just spot on.....

Have you had JHP setup the GP7 and the PCV yet? I guess they need to wait until after run-in to do it properly as it needs full power dyno runs. After that, it will pull hard from about 4k to 14k. Do go for it - it's worth it.

Have never managed to get the throttle on the stop on the road either yet. But once on track, throttle to the stop is just mind-blowingly quick! Think Star-trek when you hit the hyperdrive sensation. You run out of track quick!

Glad you look like you are enjoying it.

I know a couple of people who have also replaced the silencer sections on the GP7 with straight through ti-pipe like the GP bike. Am tempted! Apparently though the noise is just ear splitting! (even more tempted!)

• Like Like x 1
  10. No PCV - but I have JHP's latest map on the ECU. Only 200 miles to go before first service :smile:

11. Weather forecast is dry for Tues and Weds this week - so expect to see that bike booked in there for service before the weekend now. No excuses!

12. Hello Ian, Hows the coca-cola headache? (Jay). I had an absolute stinker of a hangover, all that bike talk and pint sipping isnt good for the head :)

We should organise more people next time. Dave not sure where you are but if you are ever in London, drop myself or Cham an email and pop down for a beer and chat. Myself, Slickhillsy and Cham met for a couple of bevvies and a desmo gossip, but I wish I had taken a leaf out of Chams book and stuck to coca-cola :(

All bikers invited of course not just exclusive to desmos!!

13. Bike impounded for 30 days for speeding... :eek:

14. and how many people checked the milage before and after the impound :tongue:

15. I live in Somerset but am frequently in London on business and stay over quite often - my offices are in Paddington Central by the canal.

16. Not in Taunton I'm afraid .... rain forecast till Friday when I am due to be in Brussels :-(

17. Fantastic, enjoy !!!!!

18. Oh, by the whores then?

19. I know them too, Roy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information