1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Garage, Repair Or Replace

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol, if we all spent the hours we have spent on this thread, with tools in our hands, this shed would be half done by now :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. That's a line from a film! Guess?

3. I was considering it...........

4. hmmmm... no.....

5. I thought it was a timber framed garage. Keep lawnmowers in sheds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tyler? is that you :)

7. Nope. :D meet Joe black

8. ahh, very similar quote in Fight Club!

9. Hi I wouldn't use shed" felt so to speak but would use a decent torch on felt iko,icopal etc.
    Normally would be a 3 layer system using a 3b or perforated felt on the bottom a 2 mm sanded felt followed by a 4 mm capping layer (mineral) felt.

Osb board is fine to use if the roof is laid properly and most if not all roofers would use this board on a flat roof (roofer with 14 years experience ) .

If you are want a price for the roof just consider most roofing company's in my area (surrey) would quote anywhere between £70 to £100 psm for a strip board and refelt roof inc clearance.
    That should also come with a 20 to 25 year guarantee.

Grp is also a alternative but is a little more expensive.
    Lee

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I hope your not buying Chinese timber. Its a copy of the European stuff, not as strong.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm out of this thread, never to return. Enjoy

12. We do need another thread :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. You're right actually. Well a lot of imported Russian and Scandinavian timber anyway. Fast growing, low density, light weight and less rigid over a given span than timber of a generation ago. Stamping something C24 doesn't make it so. There's so much cheap, sub-standard fast grown timber about now that its debatable whether timber load-bearing calcs and regulations don't need updating. Where a 10" joist might have been specified 50 years ago, now you need 12" to stop it bouncing.
    Work on an old building and the home-grown timber of a century ago is vastly superior to what we use today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. No....You send him the solutions, as you know best..........Apparently you built Prospect Wharf and I didn't.;)

As for trying to give you a lesson in terminology, it was you that started that off by trying to correct me........

#135 Ghost Rider, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015

15. Well, get your arse over there and get it done then instead of making stupid comments....;)

16. But let them cool down first to avoid condensation

17. Oh well, re-post it then....................and then go and help the OP do it.........

18. He wasn't........read it again.................he was going to span a steel across the building.........

19. Some people don't half make prats of themselves by not reading things properly or just trying to be clever............

Not surprised they need DIY Rescue.

#140 Ghost Rider, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information