My new baby R

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by SunnyR, Jan 20, 2013.

1. and it got a pair of M4 monoblocs of a XX8 :) with changed brembo lettering color...
    and an Renthal rearsprocket .. d'ya know if it'ts a different size?

saweet :)

2. Shaun,
    The reason I bought this particular bike was because of all the extras so I wouldn't spend extra blinging it up :wink:. I have to say I would be tempted, but it's only the brake reservoir cap and i need both, as they are not in the good condition currently.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Koen,
    Apologies have no idea what all that means, would you mind explaining in lamens terms?? Lets just say I am very technical when it comes to motorcycles :frown:

4. No no no......it's got some bling on it but it wont end there, I can assure you of that! :wink: The caps are for sale from MotoRapido, why don't you give Craig in parts a call 01962 878666, he's a really nice friendly guy, you never know he might have the other side laying around waiting for you to buy them both.

This is the best pic I have of them on mine, they do look much better than the originals

Groombridge 2012.jpg

Monoblocs are the brake calipers, meaning one cast block instead of two blocks bolted together, they have less flex and give better braking performance. Usually the brembo name is painted in red like on mine.

IMG_0624.jpg

See your calipers will need some drilled radial caliper bolts now so you can lock wire them :biggrin:
    this list of mods and bling is endless :upyeah:

Groombridge 2012.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Very nice , me likey

6. They might be off a KTM.... I think they had Mono blocks with Black Lettering.
    Sunny.... Are you aware that your bike has Race Pattern rear sets... Everything is now reversed to road gearing selection.

7. Sunny- Very, very nice bike and good to chat to you yesterday. Glad you have another bike as no one should be bikeless but make sure you ride it as much as it deserves :). As said once I have finished rebuilding the Daytona you are welcome to take it for the day in Spring (I'll come out with you on the ZX-10 or ZX-6) to refamiliarise yourself without risking carbon!

Funny to come "back here" (its not really the same forum as the old Ducatisti but I recognise alot of names!) after all this time. As Putney (Hi mate I still have a key blank for you!) said be careful with the reverse shift. You don't want to get it wrong on the road, especially on a roundabout (Do you Jerry? :) :) :) ).

I will have to see if I can add another bike to the garage and make it red this time!

Cheers,

Ed

#27 1_pob, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  8. well done Ed! Thanks again for the floor space. I have the Italian bike here now and another on it's way. That one is very interesting.

9. Depends it it has a slipper clutch, race shift is better if you can get used to it imho

10. They came with a greased ramped slipper clutch.... I changed to the Bucci Slipper Clutch which has ball bearings. I also have Titanium DP rear sets on mine but not ridden it yet, also managed to get the original Carbon heal guards for them from a friend.... If they dont work out I will go back to the other DP rear sets.

11. don't worry, they work ! :)

12. Guys,
    I'm amazed by your knowledge there's me think I had bought an R with a few extras! If anyone lives near Beaconsfeld and is happy to share some of their wealth of knowledge over a few beers drop me a message.

Ed,
    Good to see you returning from the dark side :wink: Let me know when your free to meet up.

Ian,
    Hopefully see you soon mate.

13. I sometimes stay at the Crazy Bear when I'm in Beaconsfield, will drop a PM next time I'm over.

14. Nice to see you back 1_pob :upyeah:

15. Welcome back :)

16. Nice bike! Get it out on the track and have some REAL fun!

17. Royum,
    I am just 10min walk from the Crazy Bear, look forward to a few in there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information