1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Radical SuperPantah project.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by nuttynick, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Not sure about them cans, Nick. They're totally wrong era. Rest of it looks superb though:upyeah:

2. I think the cans look cool.

Is it really meant to be all retro, or modern inspired by retro?

I thought latter (or you'd do double shocks, too).

3. Just my viewpoint, you understand, but I think some chrome megas would be more the part. Just for a bit of sparkle, like.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chrome megas would stick out past the back wheel! It's not supposed to be a classic bike, but a retro styled cafe racer, with modern suspension and a bit of carbon here and there. Maybe you'd have to see it in the flash to see the pipes better, I think they look good now they're chopped down! I'm not discounting changing them at some point, but if I do it'll likely be for a total custom system with a single pipe that exits out of the frame on the left side of the bike. I've already looked at a route for it!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nick it looks and sounds great. I hope to be starting one of my new projects after building the XT500 and tarting the TT500 up too. I was making a Cafe Racer from a Yamaha SRX 400 but may well use a XT frame as have engine/wheels/forks etc spare but got my idea of bike and exhaust from the Lossa Engineering bike and these cans and pretty cheap to and stubby cool. In USA so postal costs incurred but I have had lots sent over the last year that not too bad.

Lossa Brand Reverse Cone Muffler – Lossa Engineering

Lossa Brand Stubby Can Muffler – Lossa Engineering

My opinion is ride it and enjoy the thing you designed and built and let you heart be happy with whatever you choose. Nothing on a motorcycle is permanent not even the rider.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Now that ST2 you have.................. Lol :wink:

Looks fantastic Mate :upyeah:

7. There's one BIG problem with this thread:

THERE AREN'T ENOUGH PICS OF THE BIKE!!!!!!!!!

C'mon, more pics please! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'll post more pics when I get it somewhere near my bins ;-) Cheers for the comment Albie, and if I remember mine smoked a bit less than your start-up!
    Steve, the ST2 is too good a workhorse to chop up, however I had had an offer for a scrap Pantah frame......

• Like Like x 1
  9. No and it wont now start after rebore too. Looking like not electrical but timing out 180 again after I did this last time. Cant believe it reall I cant. Testing the generator on my TT500 just in case before.

10. Nice bevel twin frame with V5 on fleabay :wink:

11. You are welcome to keep my scrap Pantah frame, if you might be able to turn it into something useful Nick.

12. Good to see your special coming on so well, Nick. Just a few minor bits to finish off now. Thanks again for the brilliant welding on my frame repair. You're a star. Enjoy the beer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Very nice.... as said above - more pics please :smile:

14. Fitted some indicators today, and fabricated a headlamp bracket as well. I'll get some time to wire them up next week, then I'll shift the bike near to my bins for some photos :upyeah:

15. You know your stuff :upyeah: and a brilliant time set for completion me thinks aswell. Alot of inspiration especially with trying to decide what tail piece to use, i really like the job on yours. Im going to be coming back to this thread ALOT! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not sure if this will work, if not I'll sort it later!

#196 nuttynick, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  17. nah it no workee :frown:

18. Should do now fingers crossed!

19. Works!
    Sounds great with the dellortos. :upyeah:

20. yep that works .................
    tasty that there
    what rev range you got tickover sounds a bit slow or is that me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information