1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Radical SuperPantah project.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by nuttynick, Aug 22, 2012.

1. The bodywork is getting there.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Slooooowly.......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. That will keep you busy, looking forward to seeing the end result :upyeah:

4. Loving it Nick :upyeah:

5. It all looks so simple until you realise the amount of work involved in making stuff fit and hiding things like electrics away. The brackets for the fairing have taken me about 5 hours so far and I'm not close to finishing them. I've decided to shift the clocks forward and tilt them up a bit so I'm still fabricating the front fairing frame. Still, there's something very satisfying about making stuff yourself!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Was in Louigis this week and some of the stuff he's doing with pantah engine parts and other bikes is innovative

7. A good day today, finished the fairing frame including mounts for the fuses and relays, and finished locating most of the wiring odds and sods. At this rate my deadline of March is looking good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. looks very nice.....looking forward to see how you're going to finish the frame and route the pipes.

9. To be honest it's the footrests that I'm stuck on. I've got a set of rearsets and know where I want then, but can't work out how to sort it. I've mocked up a couple of different sets of tubes but nothing seems to look right. To start with I'm going to use the stock downpipes, and maybe get something bespoke made at a later date. I don't have the kit/skill to make a pipe myself :frown:

10. A few good days in the workshop have the frame pretty much finished. All I need to do is clean it up ready for paint. I'm happy with the footrest position, that's the joy of building your own bike I suppose!

20121121_114545.jpg

20121121_114545.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. While the paint was drying on the frame I thought I'd use the 750SS Donor chassis as a engine cradle. Chopped the ends off and then flipped it upside down, sorted!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Good idea. How does the front mount (under the electric starter) work?

13. It's just the bolt put through resting on the old oil filter. I've got some caster wheels somewhere in the workshop, when I find them I'll weld them into one end to make it more portable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 20121130_100641.jpg

Frame paint curing in the living room......

20121130_100641.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. I was thinking that that looks like an ideal place to build a bike.

16. No chance, the mrs would have a fit!

17. I'm getting rid of mine and having double doors put on the front of the house :biggrin:

18. That rug the frame is on,doesnt really go with the rest of the room.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Started prepping the motor for paint, but it looks nice with a bare finish and is a nod to the original Pantah finish. Now I can't decide!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#39 nuttynick, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  20. That'll teach me to post pictures from my phone! I'll sort them out later ;-)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information