1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name Something You Used To See/ Appreciate, But Is Now No More

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wroughtironron, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Caravans

2. Wow. I had never... Here they would just let you have it on credit. Then charge you when it broke, then sold you a new one...
    Hmmmm

rex

3. Germans, goose stepping down my street....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Carrying a full face helmet on your forearm whilst going to pick up a mate/your girlfriend. Imagine the carnage if you fell off with your arm wedged up to the elbow in the visor openingo_O:mask:

Oh, and having to pick up the new GF down the road from her house as her Dad did not want her going on a bike.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You mean the semaphore arms that pop out? Trafficators.

A8DC86AE-ADB0-4594-A111-5E0C921F886C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carried one of these every morning tucked into my bag on my morning paper round. Anything was fair game. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I had the Leader. It ended up with expansion chambers and instead of 2 stroke oil I ran it on Castrol R. The smell was unbelievable.

8. Blackjacks 4 for 1d as I recall. Can just about remember sweets being taken off ration.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The price of a Standard Fireworks Cannon banger. They were the business.

10. Yep, my first weeks wages was a fiver and used to get 4 gallons of juice and change out of a quid.

11. Yep Vauxhall Velox. Three speed box 2.2litre four cylinder petrol, top speed about 80mph. But the best thing was the wipers were driven by cable from the gearbox so double declutching from top to second they went absolutely berserk. The car I learnt to drive in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Baron had one of these.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It is, been in there many times, not only to buy toys but also to value it for insurance purposes.

14. [​IMG]

Saturday morning Picture House.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. The single seaters were A12s. There is one on the deck of USS Intrepid at pier 86 on the Hudson River, NY. All of the SR 71 Blacbirds were two seaters and because of the additional crew member did not have as good a camera as the earlier A12.

One of the pilots giving a presentation

His book Sled Driver is well worth a read but a tad expensive unless you know the right people.

#975 Billywiztheelder, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. I like you Billy, you remind me of my brother!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. McRib

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Tangy Twiglets

20. Cheese Moments

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information