1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name Something You Used To See/ Appreciate, But Is Now No More

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wroughtironron, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Are you sure that wasn't one of your conquests after you'd disappointed her?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Was that a Capri ?

3. No bud, however my late Father had a Capri 2.0 ltr GT XLR so it may well be I've assigned the xlr from his Capri to mt Cortina.

He painted it Silver and at the time Starksy and Hutch was on TV he painted a Red stripe up it, as a kid I thought it looked cools as. His mate had a 3 litre Capri which was a beast.

Recall coming back from London the 2.0 with all the family in up the M6 racing we saw 120mph on the clock, what our true speed was I can only guess.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Now that is a blast from the past, it's amazing the simple things in life you forget!!

5. Didn’t they do Traffic Warden flavour too?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Always a good exercise with one of these.:sweat:
    Kismet-Lorry-Vintage-Footpump-One-of-10.jpg

7. Yes they did!!:joy:

8. Did you know trading standards banned them because there was no actual hedgehog in them so they claimed it was false advertising :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. No i didn't know that but comes as no surprise:joy:.

10. Pez dispensers! (didn't grow up in the UK so hoping they were a thing here too...)

Screenshot_20200701-152655__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200701-152639__01.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Didn’t they successfully argue that they were “hedgehog flavour”, crisps often containing artificial flavourings rather than real ingredients.

They were then asked how they knew they were “hedgehog flavour” and brought in an expert who had eaten real hedgehog roasted in clay over an open fire as part of his “traveller” heritage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. :joy: Forgot all about them, i think i've definitely forgotten more than i can remember!!o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. My own sanity

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. That would've been *even* more amusing if I'd ever had any to lose in the first place ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I had a Ford Capri GT XLR in black like this one - fell asleep one night on an unlit country road and it ended up on it's side

[​IMG]

• Love You Love You x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wet cheese cloth shirts

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Old Ford and a Scimitar

20140409_063823.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Telegrams - regretfully, I never got to get one.....

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information