1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Meeting

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by apuhtred, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Is this a private clique or can anyone join in?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks Pat, when I first posted about the castle ( on a different thread) I was just hoping that we could find some way of arranging a place where we could all meet up, show our bikes, meet like minded folk and have a great day/weekend. I was unaware of all the politics which seem to have happened elsewhere, and really don't want anyone arguing over something like this!

3. Mike in respect to you!
    Don't post up stuff you know feck all about!
    I'm just in minnow in a large Lake when it comes to the Sacred club!!!!!!

Post's like yours don't help but fuel it. Thanks mate for confirming to 100's of x dsc members that nothing has changed with the club which includes you and your un helpful post! same old same :upyeah:

#63 Imola, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  4. Well said. I've been sitting here reading this thread shaking my head a bit. Ant has taken the bull by the horns and been an active agent of change and made things happen. Whatever our various opinions of the DSC were back whenever, it's all changed now and fair play to Ant for being part of the team that effected that change.

Anyway ... like others, I agree this forum taking on organising/financial responsibilities for a track day would be a bad thing and also agree with Ant that joining an already organised track day would be the go. Mark Neate at No Limits was always pretty happy to allocate a bunch of spaces, at a discount, to a group so that's an avenue. I haven't done TDs in the UK for a few years now so I'm not sure of the landscape but something like that would be good.

I'll organise one at Eastern Creek (sorry, Sydney Motorsport Park :rolleyes: ) for us Aussies - yeuw!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I did post something. then realised that Imola's view are his own and he should keep them to himself as I should mine.

Anyway, a national meet would be good. We could even have cot in a corner of a field so those with a disposition to react like kids can have a place to throw their teddies.

I like the idea of a Donnington meet. A trackday with free entry to none track day participants. Flash mob on a heavily ducati rider booked No limits/Focused events/MSV/Easytrack double header weekend.

#65 Cranker V2, Sep 21, 2012
  6. Guys, this doesn't help anyone. As I said earlier, I know nothing of what happened before, but dragging it up again will only open old wounds and detract from people's enjoyment of this forum, and it might also stop folk getting together should we be able to arrange some form of meet in the future!
    My original thread about a get together at the castle was suggested to get everyone together, in a pleasant environment where we could admire the great variety of bikes that members of this forum have, and show them off to the public, just like the classic Porsche owners did at the start of the month.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well with only 9 people answering that sounds like a bit of a NO then. Archer what do we need to do to have your meet up?

Regards Steve

8. Petrol :smile:

9. I'd be interested. Maybe somewhere near where there's a track-day on the Fri. or Sat. Then anyone fancying a go can book their own.

Not interested in any arguing or bickering though.

And, if there's going to be T-Shirts, can they be designed by the silly old bag that's restored/destroyed the fresco in that Spanish chapel?

I'll see if I can google up a picture of it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. She'd do a great job. I can feel it in my waters :upyeah:

11. Yep, I think it'd look a bit like Guy Martin if you painted some Corsa leathers on it. View attachment 6391

12. Mike
    Ok

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stick my name down for a donny track day :upyeah:

Try and pick a noisey day because the d16 owners can enter and then we all get to see
    Dave on his new d16 (member on here).

#73 Imola, Sep 21, 2012

14. Steve, I'll send you my phone number on a pm. If you can call tonight after 7 we can hopefully come up with a workable plan, which I will then have to discuss with the castle, and then post details on here. Chris

• Like Like x 1
  15. On another forum I'm on, Club MSV have offered a 10% discount for a group booking of ten or more on a trackday - don't all have to be in the same group.

16. Not in to clubs, committees or mass ride outs. But put me down for a trackday

17. Yeah, this is what we do on the DSC now, except we do it with a discount code instead so it's easier for us to tell them members and they can book without us having to do any hard work with getting groups together!

18. Just to throw my hat in the ring i organize track days and my company is atdo registered if anyone is interested. :rolleyes:

I will be running 3 or maybe 4 bike days next year : Snetterton 300 , Cadwell Park and Brands Hatch Indy and maybe Donington along with 15 Car days.

#78 Dave-748, Sep 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I'm still interested in the Castle Hedingham meet.

Not particularly interested in a forum trackday and definitely not in any of the historic bitching.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Aputhred why don't you put a poll up to see how people want to play it
    Castle Hedingham sounds fun I'd go with that just as a day trip....I've not been over that side of the smoke before.
    Looks like some fun roads round there too.

Sorry I haven't bothered with going down the Quay but that's not my thing either.....love being out on the road, cooped up in town....nah

I'll pass on the track day too.

Flash mob thing sounds fun.....but don't tell my kids:upyeah:

#80 Android, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
Do Not Sell My Personal Information