1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Navihalter Fitting Advice

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nkibble, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Fitted mine, shame I didn't realise there were rubber washers on the fixing plate (gone! Replaced by nylon one and small cable tie!) Plus the top hat fixings didn't fit the holes, lost one, so fitted without, just not too tight...now to test it, alas not for a week at least

Just squeezed the wires in and not yet decided exactly where to fix them

2. Vau has created a plastic version of the adaptation and he did a great job. But he needs to double check the measurements as he it wasn't clear.

Adapter (62WF7N2LE) by Varadero

EDIT: the smaller size is if you want to use rubber washers. Not sure if this is necessary?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#22 Twin4me, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  3. EDIT - Vau says he thinks the larger size will be fine as it's plastic and will not require additional washers.

4. As I wrote at my prevue's post " if someone want to put rubber washers at the end of the adapter then the width of it must be reduced (magenta text in brackets) . All the dimensions in drawing are in millimetres."

I added this alternative, in case that someone would like to have rubber washers like the original formation.

In my perspective, there is no need them. I haven't any problem for more than 7000 km without them (rubber washers). Friction that developed by tightening the bolts is enough to prohibit the movement of the plate.

At Vau's creation I don't like voids because this piece is constantly under compressive stress and vibrates a lot when your GPS is fitted. I wouldn't like to have fatigue or a stress failure. I would prefer a solid creation.

5. Been watching / digesting all the info on this thread for a while, and eventually got round to fitting my Navihalter and Zumo 390 this weekend. Gotta say it was a hell of a lot easier after learning from all you guys. My thanks to you all !! Cheers Nick

6. I got Vau's part (thanks so much Vau!) and fitted it today. Fits perfectly and makes it much easier to adjust the screen and remove the Satnav. It does make the sat nav sit above the Pikes peak screen, but TBH I will using the taller screen when I tour and use the sat Nav.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Just a couple of questions following your excellent post in March on installing the Navihalter. One thing I can't work out is how the cable goes behind or around the display - particularly for your wider 660LM cable. There doesn't seem to be an obvious route - there space behind the display is narrow and would interfere with screen mechanism.
    Secondly - do you have a pikes peak or is that a vinyl or paint job.

8. Hi Jan

I had the same issues, I really wanted to route the cable behind the screen adjuster mechanism but there was no way of threading the cable though. There is a tiny hole drilled in the black plastic underneath but the cables on the Zumo are too think and too many to run through. In the end I ran the cable down the side of the clocks, not as neat as I would like).

Mine is an S with a Dream Machine paint job supplied by the dealer (P&H)

9. Many thanks.. that's helpful in so much as if my cables also run alongside the display I know I won't be suffering alone!

Mine's going to P&H on Monday for heated grips and then to a vinyl wrapper on Friday for a Pikes Peak makeover. If it looks crap (which I don't think it will) I'll swallow the pain and ring Dream Machine over winter!

PS. after 30 bikes I can't believe how fantastic the MTS 1200S DVT is.

10. Mine goes round the side of the dash too. Not too noticeable, but like just everyone else, it about the only option. Mine was the Garmin 390.

11. Can anyone tell me where I can get the mounting unit for a BMW Nav (4/5/6 i.e. Garmin) to go on the Navhalter. Can't see one on the web anywhere!

12. I fitted mine just two weeks ago correctly as per the images above and my tomtom wobbles when the screen is fully up, not to bad when down.

I have made a change and fitted an extra bit behind the dash which at the moment I shall keep secret as if it does not work then you can’t call me a fool but if it does work then I shall post pics of what I did.

I suspect I will try it over the weeeknd.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information