1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nec Motorcycle Live 19-27th Nov

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nasher, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Has anyone been yet?

Have had another change of plans as my Eldest is now coming too, but can only get Friday off.
    Although we'll have to divert through the Cotswolds to collect him.

Been a while since the three of us had a day out together, so am looking forward to it, despite the ever increasing cost.

Will keep an eye out for you Andy.

#41 Nasher, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Seems I’m now going as I asked my lad if he wanted to go, seemed off of me to deprive him of a bike show because I’m a cynical old grump.

Free bike parking helps too…………

• Like Like x 2
  3. I went today, almost as busy as last year at a weekend, spent a good couple of hours walking around and sitting on a few bikes, the standouts for me were the Silver Norton V4, a stunning bit of kit and i really hope they've finally got their act together, a good turnout of bikes on the Ducati and Triumph stands, Yamaha also made an appearance this year and i was surprised how good their MT10 sp looked, not really into supernakeds but have to admit i was quite taken with it, also the little Fantic Caballero 500 , looks like a load of fun...my only gripe was the longish walk from the car parks to the venue, and it was pissing it down, although a few turned up on their bikes and parked in a specific bikepark in one of the actual halls...i toyed with the idea of going on my KTM until i saw the weather forecast.:D...forgot to mention i spent a good 15 minutes listening to Randy Mamola talking too...interesting guy.

#43 yellowducmaniac, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  4. My lads and myself did end up going yesterday.

To answer my original question, yes of course it was worth going just to have a day with my lads, but we enjoyed the show too.

I was particularly taken with the new Multistrada V4 Rally, but actually I still prefer the look of the 1200/1260 Enduro, the Rally doesn't have enough of that 'Dakar' look I like.

I don't know if it's my age or whatever, but I did think all the mid-range road, scrambler, and adventure bikes from all the manufacturers look like clones of each other.

It was great to catch up with the developments in Electric bike development, and see bikes from some manufacturers I didn't know had made a comeback like DOT, Ural and Fantic.
    Perhaps I should make an effort to keep up a bit more with what's going on.

#44 Nasher, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  5. I went today, it was OK. Came back with a new helmet, and it was cheaper than anywhere on the net

• Like Like x 1
  6. Went yesterday. If I hadnt saved £180 off a helmet I had been wanting for several months, I would have been
    a pretty miffed with what was there for the combined entry and parking fees. As it was I came away smiling.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Went along today. Haven’t been to the nec one in years. Was much better than the excel. Pretty busy.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information