1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 New 959 Panigale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by monsterleerob, Mar 8, 2016.

1. You don't need the full system, but generally you'll either find a full system or just cans for sale. Your shopping list is:

- Lower fairing
    - belly cans
    - y-piece connector with flapper valve

You do not need the headers (yours are the same). You will need the flapper valve eliminator if you are doing away with the servo (your 959 servo would not work the 1299 flapper without modification anyway, and you would probably need to fit the 1299 servo if you wanted to keep the flapper operation).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks man!

3. i just got a 1299 system taken from a new bike of ebay.

need to get some lower fairings ordered now - might get the lower edge painted or wrapped black like the R

got an akrapovic slip on and R&G hanger for sale if anyone is interested?

4. If you're getting the lower edge painted, save yourself some money and fit the 959 lowers to the new exhaust. Easy enough to trim a bit off, and you can sand a nice finish to the edge before spraying it....

5. I was considering trying that but when i eventually come to sell the bike would put it back to standard and just sell the conversion as a kit. If i alter the current fairing i'm stuck with the 1299 exhaust pretty much.

If a damaged set of lowers were for sale on ebay etc that would be ideal to modify and repaint.

6. I did the same as you. It was handy having it all to swap straight back.

7. to be hosnest im in no rush to get rid of the akrapovic either as i do quite like how it looks and sounds so may swap back again plus it would be worth keeping as it will be way easier to sell the bike with that exhaust compared to the OEM one when the time comes.

the replacement panels are about £400 new - Ill see if my local dealer will give me a bit of a discount as they usually give me 10-20% of genuine parts

• Like Like x 1
  8. You won't want to swap back after putting the underbelly on.... trust me! ;)

I think the panels are £420-440. I'm sure I got them for £400 after the discount.

9. if it sells thats cool but im happy to keep iyt also.

garden shed is bloody full of exhausts now though!

10. I have a spare set of 1299 headers that I'm trying to think of a use for!

11. a plant pot maybe...

ill be the same - mine came with the headers, heat sheild and servo etc i dont have a need for!

• Like Like x 1
  12. was the fairing kit 97180431A you got?

individual part numbers for 1299 lowers are L 48013333AA and R 48013355AA

US 959 are L 48013831AA and R 48013841AA

US part also shows additional heat sheild on the RH fairing

might get a price for the 1199R fairing too (if it fits my fairing) as that would come already painted black

13. I'm not sure about 1199 lowers or part numbers. I just went into the dealer (they have all the boxes marked up 959 Akra belly). They were exactly the same as those on my 1299.

There are different versions of belly fairings. They got more vents/holes as time went on (one of which was to help you see the oil level window, I think).

14. The heat shield on the us 959 is same part number as UK 959 so will swap that over.

Only thing I can think is maybe the akrapovic panels are basically 1299 fairings and have a clear coat where the US 959 panels are normal 959 paint without clear coat so different part number

I'll just order the akrapovic set

15. I'm looking at fitting a 1299 full exhaust system to my 959 and to disconnect the exhaust flapper valve, Those of you that have done this mod did you have to get the bike re-mapped or does it run fine with the standard map?
    Also, did you leave the valve in place and just disconnect the cable from the valve? I was going to remove the servo and cable and leave the valve as is! and get a duc-ee box to fit into the servo plug so I don't get any lights come up on the dash.
    Is this a good way of going about it?

16. I removed the servo And the cable and used a healtech servo eliminator which works great.

I can't say how The bike runs as I haven't ridden it since fitting the exhaust but doubt a remap will be required.

It started no problem and has just been in for a service with no issues or fault codes etc

If you are going to do this mid I would suggest removing the rear shock bolt to swingarm and rear wheel as it allows you to move the swing arm up and down enough to wiggle the link pipe out as it's a VERY tight fit. I couldn't have removed the standard link pipe without manipulating the swing arm up and down.

17. Some inspiration for you

IMG_4566.JPG

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks for the advice and photos, your bike looks the business!!

So did you leave the exhaust valve in place? and where did you get your healtech servo eliminator from?

Thanks for the heads up regarding the swingarm to get the link pipe out, I might need more of your advice as I get into the project if you don't mind.

Please let me know how it runs when you take it out next.

Many thanks.

19. The exhaust valve is still there but when you remove the cables fails safe to open so just leave it.

I got the servo eliminator from HPS for about £35. I think Ducati sell one too.

The servo is on the left side belly pan bellow the battery and attaches to the cooling fan cowling. It's straight forward to remove.

20. That's great, many thanks for that.

I will look into getting that servo eliminator from HPS then, I saw the DUC-EE eliminator on another forum for around £55 from the US so slap customs charges on that too! so to get one from here and cheaper bonus!

I haven't investigated the full work involved yet but did you have to move the rads out of the way to get at the front header? also do I need any special tools for the job?

Thanks.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information