1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 New 959 Panigale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by monsterleerob, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Agreed, but it was a lot easier to do it that way myself. There wasn't a lot of pressure in the strap because you are moving the free end of the pipe.... if you had a mate just to give it a bit of a push you would get the little movement you need, but it was the easiest way of doing it with only 2 hands.

2. Totally Agree it would be a damn sight easier with another pair of hands. Tour having to pull the pipe in that many different ways.

The rear header is a doddle if you undo the head bolts but getting enough rearward movement to undo the side slip joint is horrendous as the swingarm clearance is so tight. Being able to pivot it up and down easily gives so much more clearance to twist the link pipe and pull it out at the same time it makes it a doddle. I'm still kicking myself I didn't think of doing it sooner!

3. Totally Agree it would be a damn sight easier with another pair of hands. Tour having to pull the pipe in that many different ways.

The rear header is a doddle if you undo the head bolts but getting enough rearward movement to undo the side slip joint is horrendous as the swingarm clearance is so tight. Being able to pivot it up and down easily gives so much more clearance to twist the link pipe and pull it out at the same time it makes it a doddle. I'm still kicking myself I didn't think of doing it sooner!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information