1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 New 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Pav438, Oct 29, 2015.

1. I agree, come spring they will fly. We here have been spoilt by underslung termis and akras, new to ducati will buy them up and maybe those coming to the end of PCP who cannot afford the end of term Balloon payment will trade up. The bike is awesome, the exhausts are exhausts - it will sell. I would if i did not have a 1299.

2. Yes. Its not just a case of upgrading the silencing on the exhaust and the emissions testing this time as the engine needs to make less mechanical noise too so requires significant changes.

3. I like the double pipes. Reminds me of the ole RGV....
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. I wonder how many Suzuki would sell if they found a way to manufacture and market RGV500s....

5. I'm looking for one of these or a decent NSR at a reasonable price. Would love one in my garage. :upyeah:

I'd certainly be interested. Always wanted one in the late 80's.

6. I'm not sure they will fly just yet.
    I'm guessing the majority of their customers are reasonably clued up on Ducati as a brand, and will know they have, in the past, given a free exhaust upgrade to make a slower selling bike sell.
    I fully suspect that if they gave the Akra free with it, it'd fly out the door, but not perhaps just yet with the standard drain pipes
    If the EU regs are as strict as they seem to be, then I suspect many of the other bike brands will start introducing big unsightly exhausts (have you seen the size of the unit on the H2?)
    Once people start to get their heads around a big exhaust being the norm, then I'm sure the 959's will fly out the door

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 959 with H2 pipes !! :(

h2959.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. h2959.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. That actually looks better than the crappy shotgun pipes the 959 comes with!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. A bit rough but look how much better it looks like this, in my opinion:

[​IMG]
    gifs upload

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Want one now [emoji23]

12. I reckon I can compete with you for bad photoshopping, so here's my version with an Akra :)
    9595akra copy.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Nice effort, but i took the tail tidy* off so mine is far cooler... :)

*its not a tidy is it, its a mess

14. Point is though they both look better (imo) than the double one, even the aftermarket Akra deemed as the bikes saviour.

15. Are all new bikes now shipping with the horrible reflectors on the forks that the US only had previously?

16. I'll admit defeat ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. I did a PS a while ago, a little bit shorter and this would be my choice. :upyeah:

scProj.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. White one also appears to have a single swing arm too ........

19. Again, looks better that the real life options. There is hope for us three as bike designers i feel. :)

20. Ha ha, just noticed my version does :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information