1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 New 959

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Pav438, Oct 29, 2015.

1. I think there are a few here waiting to see it.

2. I'm looking forward to a real rider perspective rather than a journo
    Especially interested to see how you feel it differs from an 899, as that's it's real benchmark rather than anything else

3. Fantastic , awesome , special , is the words i use but i have been asked to comeback and try the 1299 :upyeah: i'm certainly no journo and all opinions differ , but i loved it , sorry it's taking so long but BT broadband has only just been restored :( It was a brand new demo with only 8 miles on her and fresh rubber so couldn't take it over 6000rpm :( but still made me smile ;) oh and the excess if i come off :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. yeah, make sure you get the exhausts in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Will do mate it will contain a ride and a walkaround and sound test with stock cans:grinning:

6. finally 959 test ride:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Says video is private :(

8. ta dah....:tearsofjoy:

9. Hopefully all sorted now sorry , i'm not the brightest :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. All sorted and a good review I think! :)

I think it'll be interesting to see what people coming from an 899 might think of it as well as someone that doesn't ride a Panigale on a regular basis. I'll definitely have to take one out for fun during my service in May though.

Thanks for taking the time to review it!

11. Cheers mate like i say no journo here, just a rather dim road rider that loves bikes , but the thing is special like all ducati sportsbikes , ride one and enjoy , more than enough for the road :upyeah:

12. Yeah, I like that it was just your own impressions and how it was on the road. :)

I've got an 899 which I love and have no plans changing for the 959 because I don't feel like it's enough of a jump up to make it worthwhile, hence why I'm wondering what a current 899 rider might think. I'll definitely have a go on one and see if I can tell any differences on the road but I imagine most of it you wouldn't notice until you're on that track or going much quicker than normal road speeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You buying one then? Nice vid btw...

14. Still waiting on a claim to come through but i have been asked to try the 1299 aswell in comparison , but for the road it's fantastic :upyeah:

15. I enjoyed the video. Have you ridden an 899, as that's the base comparison ?
    1299's an animal of a bike, but not really comparable to the 959 in either performance or price

16. i have had a demo on the 899 but that was nearly 2 years ago i think , The 959 has a bigger frontal area than the 899, better pegs and screen on the 959 as i couldn't take it over 6000rpm out of respect for the dealer , i couldn't tell if it felt more powerful low down than the 899 + the 959 weighs more , so bhp and weight balances the books so to speak between each model . Have a go mate i loved it and i think it sounds beautiful , like susan boyle different looking but can't half perform :upyeah:

17. narn farv narn pannagarli, fukin fantastic......
    Love it :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Literally PMSL..

19. I was in Ducati Aylesbury today, and sales guy said 959 sales were exceptionally slow, even given the time of year
    He said he didn't know specifically of any deals on the Akra option twin pipes, but would suspect it's almost certainly in the pipeline sooner rather than later to pick sales back up
    959 with akra under slung exhausts is over £17k !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Well that would certainly sweeten the deal and if they offered either options underslung or side exhaust , then my opinion is they would fly out the showrooms :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information