1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ducati Rider - Its Brilliant

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Nik, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Don't clean :)

2. My KTM's got a fair bit of mat black. When dry after washing I spray ACF 50 sparingly into a cloth and just wipe over. I find waxing at best has no effect and because it doesn't spread well on mat can leave streaks.

3. Welcome from a fellow Monster owner.

If you've only just passed your test, might be worth doing a Bikesafe day or even a bit of advanced training to help build your confidence on your new bike, especially if you're scaring yourself from time to time.

4. Never mate, its only a small engine but will kick like a mule if you ever disrespect it.
    I use warm soapy water and a soft cloth on my matt black bikes but be sure to wipe it dry after washing or your left with water marks all over.

5. Thanks Gimlet, will try that.

MrsC - I am definetly looking to book one in after a couple of months. Its a fun type of scary though.

Cupid - Thats my thoughts as well, I have the utmost respect for my 821 as I know she could quite easily hurt me. What do I sound like. Still grinnning from ear to ear though when I go out. Its by far the best thing I have done since being a teenager. Wooohooooo!!!!

Is everyone off out this weekend in the glorious sun.

Any ideas on protective but very cool jacket. My leather is burning me up.

6. I use this when it gets really hot, I still wear leather trousers but the body armour up top and just chuck a fleece over the top.
    Made by Dainese.

Body Armour.jpg

7. Damn, Vince, you never scrub up that well on our rideouts! Photoshop?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Ha Ha funny man, See you got home safe n sound, ta for the ride out earlier :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. You too mate, good chat and good ride :)

10. Yes definitely shame my bike misbehaved on way home, had to give it a good talking too when I got home.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. I was the same and rode other bikes for nearly four decades before buying a Multistrada, but haven't stopped smiling since.

Did 12,000 miles in my first year of ownership because I couldn't stay off the bloody thing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah, I saw you ticking it off at the time and laughing with rage at its bad behaviour :D

• Funny Funny x 2

13. Phoar your hot!!!!!!:Brb::Bag:

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's what he said and why he rides without a jacket on :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks CS. Will look into that body armour. Need something cooler at the mo.
    Don't think I will look like that though. Lol.

Does the smiling ever wear off? Being a novice and all and this being my first big bike can someone tell me why Ducs sound so much more awesome than any other bike. Or is that me just being really naive.

16. No. As long as the engine fires up when you want it to, the smiling doesn't end :D :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Does anyone know a good cheap place to buy Dianese armor. Ebay comes up with a lot of copies from China?

18. Dianese ain't cheap so you can forget that :)

19. Hello and welcome :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information