New Ducati Service / Diagnostics Software & Adapter For Diy Servicing

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by mfurore, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Bit delayed, but after a long weekend I have another batch of ~ 34 kits ready for sale for anyone interested. We have established cost of £90/kit, this justifies all R&D so far and the upfront cost of ECUs & tools in the development. You can pay via Paypal to [email protected] .
    Also, in respect of early bird cost, we barely brake even and I believe the cost is fair for us considering work involved. This price will be final, as we are happy with the hardware now and can concentrate on M3C ECU compatibility and bluetooth version development.

[​IMG]

This batch consist of kits housed in injection moulded enclosure for durability, and for the fact that it was really unfeasable to 3D print such a quantity of enclosure time-wise and cost-wise.
    We have also updated firmware, now the kit only need to use one cable to connect to all compatible ECUs. There will be language packs ready for anyone needing German/Czech/Russian text.

In the next couple of days, I am going to work on website to include page for software download, FAQ and changelog for updates.

AS mentioned previously, I would like to thank all for supportive email I received over the last couple of days, I am really glad that people liked the kits and we will work hard on implementing suggestions.

2. I had received the adapter housing that I have ordered from CNC workshop for exhaust probe just yesterday. I will fit it in, test in and if it works order about 20 units that would be back in about 2-3 weeks.

3. Looking good... If these kits are sorted, when do you think an iPad version might be ready? Thanks

Ian

4. around the same time we will roll out bluetooth version.
    I am going to submit test PCB design this week, so if it works, then you can expect them in about 3 weeks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Excellent. Thanks

6. Hi.... Although I've not actually asked him my brother is a hardware engineer an also does a lot of Bluetooth firmware programming. So, if you get stuck he may be able to help....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thread moved

8. Hi I assume the "updated firmware" will be available off the website when you get it up and running ??

9. I will either send you email notification or provide link via website

10. Awesome Thank-You

11. Great work. :upyeah:

I'll be having one of these. I'll wait until the CO2 work is all sorted and see what it entails.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Same here but I too will need the CO2 analyser.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'll have one when/if you do an OSX version, let me know when :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Looks great - when  version is available, OSX or iOS, I'll have one too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'll be after a Siemens version too :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi. I was just chatting with my brother... He said it need a specific chip to work with the newer iPhone and tablets.... Its rm4020... And need to use Bluetooth le to talk to anything newer than the 5's

• Like Like x 1
  17. I too will wait for the CO analysis. Having exhaust bungs fitted just in case :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Excellent work!
    A couple of comments though
    - please allow the software to be made full-screen/maximised as per ChrisW's comment earlier. As a UI/UX guy there's nothing worse than having all that great software sat behind a rubbish interface!
    - also note what ChrisW said about using it on a tablet. Big buttons (that scale to window size) will allow nice easy use with touchscreens. Spend a few quid on a cheap Windows tablet like ChrisW said and try it yourself for ease of use.
    - take a look at ECM as this is a great tool for map editing of the 5M/5A maps. It has some great features like being able to search through the ecu software and being able to "spot" the fuel and offset maps. The 3D graph is nice but not essential. Things like being able to export a fuel/ignition map out of an ecu dump and import it into a different ecu dump, being able to apply an increase or decrease (as % or points) to a selected range and some of the other features makes tuning a million times easier! ECM (Edit & Custom Map) 1.7.0
    - I'm sure you're aware of JP Diag. This caters for a lot of the Ducati specific functions like Exhaust Valve, Immobiliser, dash start text, lambda sensors, and so on. All of these are really, really handy functions.
    - it's too cheap. seriously. TechnoResearch kit for just the 15M is $700 and it's shit; I sold mine for £150 and I felt bad for charging so much. ReXXer costs thousands to buy the kit PLUS you pay per ECU serial number. I appreciate that this is a hobby/side project but the amount of effort you put in should still be rewarded. Even at twice the price it's still great value. A dealer will charge an hour's labour (between £45 - £70) just to reset the TPS. Don't undersell yourself! YOU ARE TOO CHEAP! By all means sell of this batch at the same price / offer a "forum discount" but please reconsider your cost point to at least make yourself some decent research funds! I doubt there's one person who's bought one yet that wouldn't have paid twice the cost for it, myself included!

Good luck with the project and if you need any more help or source material (ecu maps) or hardware then just let me know!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Thanks for letting us know, but we are much more further at this point. :)
    The whole bluetooth issue is around apple as they require bluetooth modules from 4.0 upwards (named LE as Low Energy) as opposed to android systems where you can be OK with bluetooth 2.0 .
    The RN4020 by microchip is good recommodation, however there are many others on market that support BLE and I have both Atmel and Texas instruments bluetooth chips on table to prototype with that are compatible with Apple iOS devices (I think that iPhones 4S and upwards are compatible)

20. Will respond to Anthony's post tomorrow, just quick round up of stuff that happened over the last weekend.
    @randomprocess spent some quality time on the new GUI of the software and making it OS architecture independent (meaning that we can port software into Linux, Android, OSX, etc..). He is finishing up graphic layout to give it more modern look and be similar to Reza GUI http://bit.ly/1RZUK7T
    Once this is finished by the end of this week, we will issue update for this and then we will jump into porting software to OSX version so Apple users can use the kit on their macbooks etc.. Estimate on this is hard to tell, it can take a week or 3 weeks.

I have been busy with both bluetooth development and M3C ECU.
    Today I have done extension cable for testing injectors, MAP, CPS, TPS sensors and more. All values taken during measurements needs to be plotted so we can implement it to our software in extension section.

As said earlier, more images to follow tomorrow as at time of this writing I just came back from garage testing and sleep...

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information