1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ducati Service / Diagnostics Software & Adapter For Diy Servicing

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by mfurore, Feb 29, 2016.

1. - please allow the software to be made full-screen/maximised as per ChrisW's comment earlier. As a UI/UX guy there's nothing worse than having all that great software sat behind a rubbish interface!
    Totally agree, this will be in new GUI/update
    - also note what ChrisW said about using it on a tablet. Big buttons (that scale to window size) will allow nice easy use with touchscreens. Spend a few quid on a cheap Windows tablet like ChrisW said and try it yourself for ease of use.
    Will simply add "theme" in app settings so people can switch between normal size buttons and tablet layout. We do have cheap asus tablet to play with.
    - take a look at ECM as this is a great tool for map editing of the 5M/5A maps.
    +1 on this one, I will play around with this but why not have both?
    - I'm sure you're aware of JP Diag. This caters for a lot of the Ducati specific functions like Exhaust Valve, Immobiliser, dash start text, lambda sensors, and so on. All of these are really, really handy functions.
    This is only question of time and rolling out updated code. We are moving forward slowly but steadily due to work commitments/academic duties.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry, I know I promised some more photos but been busy at work and did not really had a chance to upload.

3. Late to the party, but well done on hardware and software, non-trivial project in every perspective. For old older Duc's I've used a combo of JP'DIAG and TuneECU (for it's Android support) in the past.

Q: will your HW support other software such as TuneECU?

Also, I've several Apple Developer Accounts. If no one's offered and you're looking to save the license fee I'd be happy let you use one of mine.

#83 J0n3s, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Q: will your HW support other software such as TuneECU?
    ECM suggested by Antonye seems like a best option, but I also like TunerPro.
    edit:
    As explained further down thanks to ChrisW, the Tunerpro uses proprietary format so unfortunately no.

Also, I've several Apple Developer Accounts. If no one's offered and you're looking to save the license fee I'd be happy let you use one of mine.
    That's great, will be in touch shortly.
    Developer account licence is critical for iOS, but OSX will come first in development for which account is not strictly necessary.

#84 mfurore, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  5. Even though TuneECU is FTDI based the Motofurore interface will not connect to the ECU.

6. Can you Chris elaborate what you have meant?
    FTDI is chipmaker and TuneECU is a software.

7. TuneECU is designed to work with FTDI KKL leads or ELM327 Bluetooth. TuneECU recognises the Motofurore interface as a basic FTDI UART but will not connect to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ok, there was a bit of a confusion from my side.
    Chris is right, the adapter itself is not hardware compatible with TuneECU software, so the dongles are not interchangleable even though they are/were using FTDI chips for com port.
    My reply above was about the actual file compatibility inbetween different software..i.e. If the .bin ecu fuel map file would be compatible, I did not meant hardware but software side of things.
    I don't know if you can load up maps to tuneecu as I simply have not look to it. However I looked into Tunerpro and could parse downloaded bin file from my kit to tunerpro and display values in there for editing.

9. TuneECU uses it's own file format (.hex). If a map is not in the TuneECU database it has to be submitted to the software creator for conversion and inclusion in the DB. TuneECU dumps an unknown map as a 320kb .bin file but is unable to flash this format. If the map is in the DB then it is dumped as .hex and can be flashed.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. Oh, I see. It's proprietary format locked.
    So yeah, definitely won't support it.

Thanks for clarification! :) saved me some time in research.

11. I've heard the free version of TunerPro will open TuneECU's .bin files and is then able to export them. Haven't a PC so can't test the claim.

12. Any news ???:tongueout::tongueout:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi Anthony,

Your inbox seems to be full and could not get an email to you earlier this morning to confirm your payment from couple of days ago. PM me.

14. Sorry, been overwhelmed with stufff at work :)

More progress will be posted over this weekend when I get some time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks Roman....not sure what the mailbox issue was.

16. hi! new to the forum, from across the pond. i stumbled across this thread in a google search and your hardware/software development looks great. i have access to pc laptops and android devices but i am primarily an OS X/iOS user. i also have a 2010 848 Dark, any idea when support for both will be available? thanks!

17. anyone use this hardware and software with an android device? if so is the software included on the disk or is it available on the play store? im patiently waiting for OS X and iOS support but i would like to adjust the a/f ratio on my bike as it runs a little rich and i just added a set of slip ons. i have a cheap android i can use in the meantime.

18. Just wondering if there has been any progress on making this system work with the 2010+ Ducati bikes with the siemens ECU's?

19. or Mitsubishi ECU

20. Has this project died. 4 questions above not answered and no news for over 5 weeks. Does any one know of anything?? I was a buyer of the first lot and was really really :yum: looking forward to this project advancing. I was even going to fork out more money for the newer version that only uses one cable for all bikes. Fingers crossed they are just really busy:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information