1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Mts Dvt On Its Way

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Krumper, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Looks like I've a bit of time to test ride one then although, the way things are going, you probably need to be putting a deposit down now for delivery in September! :Wideyed: Happy with my current Mutley and won't be putting any money near a deposit until I'm sure the DVT is worth it. I'll probably have a shifty around other manufacturers in the meantime as I'm not interested in the other Dukes to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The S and touring models are indeed sold out until September. Base models are available. My dealers demo is a base model with touring pack, (heated grips, centre stand and boxes, £995?)

3. OK, so looks like some demos have turned up. Ducati did envisage the Touring and S models to be the biggest sellers and they're still wiped out!

Surprising though, I received all my accessories (Touring pack, Urban Pac, Enduro guards, pannier liners) way back in Feb. Thought bike would be on schedule which was supposed to be in March.

I was reassured mine would be the first production run. I placed my order back in, must be late Sep or early Oct when it was first announced, even before the unveiling at Milan.

My dealer hasn't contacted me, but I'll give them a bell.

Yea, my first trade in at 25k after 3 years was incredulous mileage. Most Ducatis don't see more than 10k on average. They don't have any guide price. But the Multi's been around for 5 years now, and as mentioned its a Touring bike. What do ppl expect?

If anyone is considering alternatives, do have a go on the KTM Super Adventure. Packed with the same technology and equally specced power plant.

Lots of good things about it. But at the end of the test ride, still prefer my creaking 2013.

4. On Yer Bike have confirmed they will have a demo from next week. Don't know what day though!!!

6. Dont know how I managed to do that but I appear to have added to your post lol

7. No, I mean Touring as in Touring Packs. Back when I ordered, that was the aim of Ducati. To get the Touring Pack available first. But the Enduro stuff is mainly made by Touratech and they got their act together. So did Givi for the Urban stuff. Not so sure about Sport pack as I didn't bother.

Full system rather than slip on. Maybe Rizomo pegs/rearsets when available.

8. Ah yes see what you mean. I ordered the touring and urban on the S version. I assumed that it would come with all that on it when I pick it up. Maybe the panniers etc will come at a later date? Did you order the inner liners on the web or via the dealers? When I log on it doesn't show me an add to basket or similar for anything. Like you have to order via the store?

9. Krumper, I have just made the transition from GS to MTS and have to say I don't think you will be disappointed

10. The full accessories catalog was available from I think mid November. You can order through your dealer. The public website was as uptodate as the dealers'!

By mid Feb, almost everything including Panniers and liners have arrived. By mid March, even my full system arrived!

But no bike :(

I remember ordering everything before the end of the year as the prices would go up. Yes, I did it through my dealer. No price difference. Everything was gonna come with the new bike anyway.

11. Thought I would bump this thread.

Spoke to my dealer. Demo bikes are popping around the country within this week to early next week, with customer bikes to follow within the week. 2 weeks is definitely a solid time frame.

So nearly there.

12. Yep, pretty much what hyside told me yesterday.

Cheers.

13. Mine was registered today yessss ready to ride home

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ducati Aylesbury have their DVT demonstrator, it was delivered yesterday. It's a red 1200S Touring.

I didn't get the chance of a ride but did hear the engine running - very little engine noise and a nice deep exhaust note, very pleasant on the ear. I had a brief look over the bike including under the seat - there maybe some truth in the story that the only common part with the old model is the front mudguard, at least outside of the engine.

Unfortunately I can't fit a ride in before next Friday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dealer (Pro Twins) just received their white S demo bike. No customer bike invoices yet. so at least another two weeks.

But its gonna come like buses most probably. The Scramblers have been flooding in every day. So fingers crossed.

16. P&H have theirs, I got to ride it on Tuesday...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Made a call today and was told my bike Is booked into workshop on 18 May and will hopefully be ready for collection on 21 May. DVT 1200S version :p. Fingers crossed there won't be delays. So the S versions are definitely beginning to show up. Hang in there guys :upyeah:
    Very excited I have to say.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Great news Buzz, I've got to phone SMC on Monday to sort my registration plate out :Writing:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information