1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Multi Imminent?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by duke63, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Just have to hope it's as useless as the Honda attempt?

I just bought a twin spark S-touring - and I'm a bit miffed too!

2. Tbh if a manufacturer has set in to motion a range of very good pcp deals (and Ducatis is) on vehicles. it's usually because there's gonna be an improvement/new model on it's way. But then you could wait almost every year, just incase the next model changes. Life's too short, get it, use it and change it only if you think you're really going to be missing out :)

3. What about the same Multi but with a radical cosmetic upgrade so that it looked nice?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. A modern ST with some decent aerodynamics and improved weather protection.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ..or just a proper comfortable performance upright with half fairing? None of this silly long travel suspension adventure stuff, not dropped bars, no detuned engine. With traction control, abs, 150 bhp minimum. Maybe with fasteners made with something different to cheese.
    Cant be that hard surely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agreed. They just need to drop the off road pretence and they instantly get a better road bike. Colour screen I am not a fan of. Mono is by far the better viewing in bright/direct light.

7. Don't be. You have bought a great bike anyway. TBH with it being brand new technology, i would prefer someone else tests the reliability, longevity and pays full price for the privilege.

8. I'd be straight in there: my beloved ST4s has languished in the stable since I bought the Mutley - a couple of months ago I recommissioned and took it for an MoT and, after 40 miles of twisty roads, I almost wept for the finesse and balance of that era. Much as I like the Multistrada and its laughter-inducing power, the race for ever-greater horsepower has, I think, lost something important along the way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It took me 2 years to persuade myself to buy the MTS after initially hoping that Ducati would come up with a revised ST series. When my ST4s got up to 50K miles I decided to bite the bullet and get a 1200 Multi. I've got used to it now and like the grunt although it doesn't handle as well. But it's still too high, lacks decent weather protection and it's still plug ugly. The MTS1200 powerplant in my ST4s would have been my ideal bike.

10. Today's the day for DVT...

11. My ST was at that mileage in 2009, so I ordered one of the first MTS1200S (actually a year ahead of its launch) - it really is a great all-rounder (and I do like the looks) but, like you, what I really wanted was an updated ST with the Testastretta engine. Still do, and that's despite living a mile off-road! My first thoughts on the Multi were blogged: Multistrada 1200S 1/4: Brave New World | Ducati Diary

12. Compression socks help and walk up and down the aisle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Interesting website you have there. I haven't had time to read all of it yet but I will. Minor point, perhaps a typo, but the air-cooled Desmodue engines are very definitely 2 valve!
    If you are the fellow I think you may be then we may meet up at the Green Welly on Sunday, weather permitting.

14. Thanks - just terminology - I use 4v/8v (ie total no of valves - the obvious named example being the desmosedici) rather than 2/4 valve/head. However… …which of those do people naturally use?

15. Ducati terms them 2V and 4V.

16. Who am I to argue with Italian rigour and consistency? ;-) Will amend… - cheers

17. That might just be me. I have form…

18. Desmodromic Variable Timing now announced. No indication which bikes it will be fitted to but it's not a Panigale engine and the MTS, Diavel, Monster range must be prime candidates

19. 8% better fuel consumption, 8% more power and 8% more torque both at lower revs. Can't be bad.

20. I'll certainly be interested in the better consumption for range, but most particularly in the low rev smoothness improvements. Like the Multistrada needed more power and torque…

Do Not Sell My Personal Information