1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 New Multi Imminent?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by duke63, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Reckon it would have to switch, like a system in a car, from trip etc to nav say 3/4 of screen, revs across top and speed either built into nav screen or rhs

2. Wish list is what it will stay, no current setup for that dashboard. But it is common sense. In fact you would think bikes could have a Bluetooth system onboard for GPS and inter bike comms etc as standard.

3. Regarding sat nav, I would rather stick to my Garmin, least with that I can plug it into my computer and plot my own routes from A to B using software ( not the crap base camp) that way I chose which roads rather than the sat nav, can't see built in sat nav having that function, the one in built into my car certainly doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. it will have that

5. Not sure I would want a built in satnav. That would hand map updates, code updates, POI, route planning s/ware ,Speed camera options, cost and control over Ducati who will endeavour to rinse every penny out of it. I'm scared to say yes when asked if I want my receipt stapled to my job sheet, as I am sure that's a costed extra also :(
    Given the time taken to "fix" the four way flashing issue your bluetooth pairing problem requiring a firmware update may not be the most dynamic. Speaking of which, how would you do a map update (or any other update) or load in a planned route on a built in device.

#85 Psy69, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. SD card? Or over the air updates via connected sim. This is all car, and VWG, tech now it's just making it for the bike world. Maybe a sep integrated satnav would work, as a opt extra?

7. There are definitely ways. Keeping it suitable for a biking environment and simple enough to gain user penetration is the challenge.

8. No shaft drive then?!!!!! :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. VW/Audi charge big prices for satnav updates. Not sure its necessary to have a built in system on a bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Definitely would NOT want a built in Sat Nav on any bike! As an Optional Extra fine. There are just about enough switches and distractions on the Mutley now. If you look at BMW 1600GTL there are so many buttons etc. that I wonder how the riders keep there eyes on the road - maybe they don't!
    Another problem is that In Car Sat Navs don't have the Garmin / TomTom functionality of map updates and planning that we are used to. For me the final point is "Would sir like an up to date Map for your 2 year old Audi? Excellent - that will be £350 for the CD / memory card". :Arghh:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I believe its Touratek luggage, so new mounting points.

12. Oh great...I love the look of the BMW, especially with all the luggage removed. It looks like the scaffolds got the huff and left the job half done. I think that's why BMW riders always have the full luggage on (empty) :Meh:

13. hoping for an easier way of putting the clock back an hour

• Like Like x 2
  14. I just leave the clock it will sort itself in the springtime,just too damn complicated to do for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Mountings will be the same as the current Multi.

16. Sorry dudes...I was supposed to be setting these (clocks) for some of you today!
    It really simple...just find a child and ask them. Note if this isn't your own child ask the parent first...avoids Police \ court action.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hello...site redirection required for you. Starts with B...;-)

18. Er.....................let me guess............hang on....yep I've got it.........is it this? Transplating.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information