1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 New Panigale V4 2025 Model

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Jun 16, 2024.

1. That may be so and I don't doubt they're not happy about that but I was referring to riding and not reliability.

2. I’ve just been to see the new bike in the flesh and although it’s better than in pictures I’ve seen so far, it’s still a bit marmite. There’s 2, 2019 V4R’s for sale too and they’re much prettier. The casting on the swing arm looks really cheap too. V4S £29,995. Also comes with unbranded (forged by Ducati) OZ Piega wheels.

3. im actually a bit surprised they didn’t release it with Carbon wheels. Similar to their tie up with BST, maybe it’s what they will do on the inevitable 3rd Wednesday of the month special that will no doubt come along in the next month or so

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. What does IIRC stand for?

5. Bit of a 2 bagger !

IMG_4563.jpeg

Always liked the 749/999 front.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. Botox & fillers:scream::scream:

#26 Biot, Aug 10, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. If I remember correctly :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. there are 3 stunningly pretty bikes on there, and they run diagonally from top right to bottom left. The 1098 was really pretty too, but the others wow

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Also went to have a look yesterday.
    The finish on the swingarm reminds me of that on my Hyper 950.
    Not very aesthetically pleasing but very durable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. i was thinking about this the other day, in a similar sense to the release of the 999 an its regular swing arm and the push back it received back in 2003. maybe they should have had an option on the swing arm style much in the manner of choosing between mono or Biposto back in the day as that would have given a clear indication of what the public wanted.. function or style.
    i was at the deal a week ago and he mentioned that normally once a new model is released the phone is red hot with enquiries, but this time .. not a squeak..

11. I would opt for style,but I'm not the target customer being of a certain vintage.
    Even so the bike looked good to me,obviously built to go as fast as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I would imagine the DSSA is for racing considerations ,rather than aesthetics

13. Yeah, agreed
    SSSA looks pretty cool, and is a great marketing feature for the bike
    But.... If it was any good for racing, the GP bikes would have it, and don't

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. You don’t need to spend £10k+ track readying a V4S. On mine I spent:

- £750 DP Fairings
    - £850 Race wrap to design of my choice
    - £300 brake guard/radiator protector/folding levers
    - £100 GBRacing crash protection
    - £140 different brake pads
    - £400 Renthal Chan and sprockets
    - £900 spare wheels (which you don’t “need”, however they make life easier)
    - Total £3,440, and arguably it could easily have been half that.

All that is needed to swap road to track is change wheels, remove mirrors and tail tidy. I then have a bike capable of much better laptimes than my skill will allow me to get out of it…..
    B12E9AB7-122F-43F1-B2E3-69418E9E3765.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  15. The new eCBS braking system sounds interesting apply the front brake when approaching a corner apex the rear is automatically activated, let the front brake off and the rear continues to brake, scary in the wet coming up to an island.

16. That looks great! But like all things in life, you pays your money and takes your choice.

IMO a full system and remap is first thing on the list.

17. Doesn't a full system make the bike too noisy for some circuits and a likely MOT fail?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Exactly. I want a no hassle track bike. I don’t want to be worrying about if I’ll pass noise testing or not. Also, as far as remap, the bikes are so much better now than a few years back. So I don’t really need one and I keep my warranty.

• Like Like x 2
  19. V4 SP2.jpg in a similar approach to the post from Jolley, I went for the SP version as it has some of the trick parts included..

I miss the old format whereby the R version had a kit and exhaust with it in the price sps/999r etc so when pricing up the S or other version plus extras it made sense to go for the premium version..

• Like Like x 2
  20. Was you at Snetterton on the 12th. There was a ducati in those colours near me in the queue for noise testing

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information