1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 New Panigale V4 2025 Model

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Thought I'd look at spec'g one up. Lost interest as the price has got ridiculous..

If you want Carbon wings....

wings.jpg

• WTF WTF x 3
  2. Yes, that would have been me. It was hot even at noise testing!!

3. Very hot. Better than rain though

• Like Like x 1
  4. There was a time when the S models all came with a carbon front mudguard at least. Now it seems everything is "extra". They won't even supply the turn by turn navigation feature as standard, unless you buy an additional module, something that I believe comes as stock on it's nearest catfish rival the S1000RR. Almost £800 for the wings is madness. Depending on the uptake, at these prices they will recoup their R&D costs in a matter of months. I specced one up recently with a bunch of accessories and it was nudging £55K. That s not just eye watering, it's plain stupid. There are a LOT of other exotic bikes out there for less.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I think the winners in this are all the 2021-24 V4 special edition bikes like the SP, SP2, 916. Initially, when I picked up the 21 SP, I felt I was a fool for getting a parts bin special. But looking at the specs and the prices, it is now a value proposition.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Well done Ducati, you've basically isolated your regular customers in order to chase the big buck from posuers with money. The same people who buy the specials that are just a bog bike with fancy paint. That never really ride them. Well done. I'm buying an S1000rr, not a Ducati next. Looks like my 1299 will be my last.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I agree, except, I think the bubble will burst soon on the s1000rr, most who go buy them especially from Ducati find them efficient but totally soulless. Also, the new engine just sounds like a bag of spanner’s, it really is the most unpleasant thing to listen to at idle and low revs.

personally, I’d get a Fireblade if it was me looking to spend that money. Or even a R1 If you can look past the fact it doesn’t have a sexy headline power figure

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I’ve owned a v4s, Pani R, aprilia factory and s1000rr sport. The BMW was the best bike by a country mile. Track, Sunday mornings or tour. Perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ive ridden v4 several times and it didnt inspire me hugely. Was smooth and linear compared to my 1299. I liked it though but not enough for me to swap. Mates MSport has >215hp, sounds like a bastard and in 6th gear is effin warp speed. I also like the looks of the newer variant. I also love the R1, who cares about bhp, I wont use all of it really. Im an amateur. The blade is a good option, proper build quality and a good bike. The prilly, is a marmite bike. Have a track friend who swears by them and his is proper trick, but prob not for me. I'll buy a base s1000rr, bin the brakes etc and put decent kit on it. Thats for end of this yr. However, I am still enjoying the 12 on track. Im not chasing tenths, i just have fun trying to get better at it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ultimately it depends what you want to use it for and what you personally like. No doubt the Ducati win in the “feels special” stakes. For a bit of everything the BMW is clear winner. Track only? Pay your money and make your choice. I’d go Ducati for track.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. If I was in the market for new or nearly new, for the money the BMW would be hard to beat.

12. I've just changed to an r1 from a v4 panigale fir track. Much prefer the r1. I love ducatis but the v4 just didn't do it for me. The r1 is a brilliant bike

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was in the same boat around 4 years ago. Had gone 848>969>1299>959 and the next step was going to be a V4. However, in 2020 a new v4S with full Akrapovic was around £32k. BMW sold me a new S1000RR for £14.5, a full Akrapovic was £1,200, I traded my standard wheels in for Dymags for £200, and added Ktech suspension for £1,700. So for just over £17.5k (roughly half the price the Ducati would have been) I had an amazingly comfortable and capable track bike. However, as wonderful a thing as it was it didn’t quite have the aura of a Ducati. In Feb I switched to a 2022 V4S, and it is a whole different experience. If you’re happy with the bike roughly as it came the Ducati is amazing. If you want to change anything at all, have deep pockets! Not only is the Ducati a bigger experience, I have also been faster most places I have taken it. It is an absolute weapon and haven’t had a BMW come past me on a straight yet…..

• Like Like x 4
  14. It’s funny, all good points being made, but I’ve noticed nobody talks about the thing we all used to… yes people have mentioned the Ducati ora. But it wasn’t that long ago, probably around the era of the 1299s that people used to talk about BMW’s and R1’s and just be like “yeah but the Ducati is just so gorgeous and special” I feel in general like they have become a slightly more characterful Jap bike. But only a bit.

If Aprilia got themselves together and sorted their pricing model and some of the reliability I think they would probably be the ‘special’ bike to own now

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Theyre only gorgeous and special to those who do not take an objective view. Theres an element of blindness, which we are all guilty of, to the new bikes. Poor quality and rip off prices seem to get ignored as if thats normal. I dont fall for the hype. Had it been very pretty, a vtwin (ok I could live with a v4) and a decent price, I'd be happier. But it isnt. I'd sooner risk chucking 20k into the gravel than 40k. I could prob afford to repair it too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I also noticed, there is a HORRENDOUS black fairing bolt under the air relief in the fairing, it’s absolutely unforgivable and makes it look so cheap! I’ll try to get a shot of it

17. I spec'd a 2025 S in a similar configuration to the SP 1/2 and the price is 47.853,18 Euro so it makes a low mileage Sp a very good deal in comparison. ( 26-35k depending mileage etc)

18. This is the build quality I was on about, Ducati seem to just get bored at points during final fitting

IMG_1220.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. It also irks me that you have to have dealer install exhausts etc. I enjoy spannering, but theyre making bikes solid state thesedays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. It will be interesting to see how many VFR, oooooops, soz. How many new V4 Tuperware Pani's get registered this year.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information