1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 New Panigale V4 2025 Model

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Jun 16, 2024.

1. By the time this year ends I will have probably done between 3,500-4,000 km on track this year on my R.

I get people interested in buying it at track days and part of me was thinking of selling it and getting the latest and greatest. I thought it might be interesting to get a base model and adapt it for track. Then I worked out what it would cost…

I have no doubt that the rules will miraculously be changed again to allow Ducati to charge another €5,000 for the new R when it comes out.

I will either keep the bike and have to swallow the inevitable large service cost in due course or get out of it and into something cheaper, as I wouldn’t be surprised to see the new R creeping towards €50,000 before you’ve done a single thing to prepare it for track use.

I absolutely love my R though.

• Like Like x 4
  2. It’s grown on me, I like it. The front end has a bit of Desmo about it. I’d have one, along with an earlier Pani

3. A few things I DO like about the 2025 model. Has anyone noticed the thumbwheel rear brake lever adjuster? Little if any mention of the integrated indicators in the headlights either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I guess the amount of time it takes. I queried it with the dealer who confirmed that it can be a simple job, or a real pain to do. They allow a few hours just in case it turns into a bit of a nightmare, but they did say if it takes what that manual says it should take, they will reduce the cost accordingly. Which is fair enough I guess. But would they have said that if I had not of questioned it? Who knows…

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Where did you get that wrap done?

6. Ducati have unashamedly claimed this bike is all about lap times. And according to early testing reports, it’s accurate. The super clever electronic package applies front and rear brake simultaneously to razz you round corners Casey Stoner style. Kind of…

Anyone leaning on such electronics on the public highways, will be dead in no time. I just wish Ducati would sell it in a purely track configuration and save people the hassle of filling their lofts with road applicable shite like fairings, lights, horn, shite OE wheels, exhausts etc…

And just watching the MCN test (I like Neeves) best part of £8k for a full system. Fuck sake man :astonished:

#86 Fairy Cringe, Sep 17, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. Sell the porsche, buy the bike.

8. I was thinking of doing exactly that :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Certainly not. My immaculate (finally) V4S is more than enough for this auld bastard wobbling around track… :):upyeah:

10. Even the most track keen quality riders out there do still need to ask themselves if it’s worth the change. Nowadays the bikes are so similar you’re almost buying into the marketing effort.

I’ve just looked at the Triumph Speed Twin RS and having owned two Thruxtons it’s the bike I’ve been waiting for. But it’s £16k with the inspiration pack, can probably get a Thruxton RS for £10k…. £6k difference for 1-2hp and some bits and bobs

• Like Like x 1
  11. if you are a club racer or track day addict I can see the appeal. no one cares how pretty (or unpretty in this case) your bike looks whilst cartwheeling it through the kitty litter.

I do a couple of track days a year so it doesn't fit the bill for me. if it had been achingly beautiful (916 pretty) and rode at least aswell as the current panigale they'd have had my deposit for sure.

12. I gave up with Ducati. VAG have taken a premium product and moved it so far upmarket, it’s silly. I understand the need to recoup their investment in development costs. However, £1500 for rearsets. £7500 for an exhaust and 540 minutes required to fit it. Come on. I spec’d up the new V4S and to get it the way I’d like it was £53k. Now, it’s true, I like a bit of bling on my bikes and they do end up looking like the inside of Katie Price’s handbag, but still. I’m sure the new bike is a stunning bit of kit with awesome electronics but I went down the R1M route and I’m really happy with the result… 20240904_143609.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nit seen one in the flesh but love the look of it in pictures and on the launch videos, but it's just too expensive. I do a lot of trackdays but couldn't justify the cost, and nearly 8 grand for an exhaust you probably won't get on track with in this country ( apart from Donington noisy)is just ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wait til @bootsam spots this. Bromance incoming :D

You’ve got a point though. Nigh on £8k for a full system :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. TBF, i got into Ducati because of V-Twins. Because they were different to the Japanese offerings of the time. I still have my 1299, which is likely my last Ducati. Its still going strong and I see no reason to upgrade for something I may lob into the gravel on T6 at Almeria. Bike anxiety can hold you back on a track day, so not worrying about it makes me smoother and maybe faster. TBH, most of us would be quicker on an R6. But we're blokes. We want everything turnt to 11. Even though its less beneficial to the majority of us.

Its funny how the still new in shops but older versions suddenly increased in price when the new 30k one was announced. Strange that.

Look, we are being price gouged. If your wealthy, you probably dont care. But if not, we do because we are being gouged everywhere. The new bike may be fantastic, but its price is aimed solely at satisfying investors and VAG sharelholders. Its not any benefit for you. Its cynical and frankly appalling. Ducati Co can go fuck themselves.

Flyers R1M is lovely and better looking than the V4 imo. My next bike may be an R1 or an Sthou or the new blade. I still have my 916 to reminisce when Ducati were cool.

• Like Like x 4
  16. I have to say, if I were to venture to the dark side, it would be the R1M. I know I’m a tart, but the look and sound of the R1M clinches it for me. I believe they go pretty well too…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. funnily enough LCR just did a review of an R1 and fireblade and they both basically said ‘yes it’s focussed but it’s so easy to ride with lovely power’…. Yep!!!

funny how bikes get killed by reputation, 44t said the r1 was ridiculously focussed etc, but mine you could literally ride it on the commute it was so smooth and easy to ride all light controls and balanced, decent enough on fuel, not too hot, yet still had tons of engine character.

Its not a case of if I have another, more, when.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. @Phill748 I'm selling my 2023 anniversary R1 in about a month's time - can send you details if you want, I didn't think anyone here would be interested in it

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information