1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Top Gear Lineup

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by timberwolf, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Yep, they've pretty much scattershot a demographic map with blind hope of success.

Shows a lack of balls and confidence

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. None of these people would seem to be natural entertainers. Its got the look of another Fifth Gear in the making.

Of the originals I thought James May's fuddy-duddy dullard screen persona was the least convincing because he was clearly struggling to play a part without the acting skills. In his solo programmes he's much more animated and interesting and I think being released from Top Gear has brought out a surprisingly good presenter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, for once..... And that'll probably be it. Once.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. EJ - dullest motoring presenter ever.
    Le Blanc - seriously ? WTF ?
    Ginger freak - annoying tw@t...
    Sabine - what was she thinking ?

5. Matt Le Blanc is ok, hes a big time MotoGP fan, always on the grid and far more in to bikes than he is cars.

Personally i can't see him sticking it when the ratings start coming in.

It won't matter how he comes across, if you leave eddie jordan in the mix he'll just piss people off because he's a cross dressing midget.

I can only presume they wanted to try and get 3 initial presenters but non have gone for it (Jodie Kidd, Guy Martin)

Therefore they're scraping the barrel.

Sabine is a really nice woman, i sincerely have loads of time for her, but ultimately this is the British version of Top Gear, she's a sure fit for the German version but do we really need her on the Brit version?

It just looks more and more like another 5th gear.

too many presenters and all the charm and wit will be lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looking forward to watching another motoring programme, the old top gear as must as I like it was getting a bit silly at times and same old stuff but also looking forward to see what they do with their new show

7. I hope it all works.It would be good to have something worth watching.I wont be holding my breath though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's going to take a while to get used to, but that was true of the last incarnation when it moved genres from documentary to entertainment. Give it a season or two to settle down, then judge.

9. I hope it go's a bit towards Fifth Gear. When Top Gear were dicking about in Burma, America, Argentina etc I found it all was a bit tedious. Tee'd up one liners and situations about as funny as tooth ache.
    I'd like to see cars tested on road and track.... Against bikes! You know, interesting stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. What on earth are you on about? It wasn't very clever was it?

11. its not the first time someone’s ran high speed cars round londons landmarks (including the cenotaph)

and its hardly like they went haring through a grave yard is it?

12. It could certainly be construed as such, yes. As I said, not very clever. It would be equally 'un clever' to have carried out the same stunts around one of London's big fuck off mosques. If you get my drift... Geddit? Drift?? I'll get me coat.....

• Agree Agree x 1

13. it would be worse cos there'd be actual people about not just a stone monument thats been getting covered in exhaust fumes for the last 100 years or so

14. The stunt was pulled "near the Cenotaph". How near?

I live on top of the Cenotaph, astronomically speaking.

15. Referring to photos of the stunt printed in newspapers, Evans said he wanted to "apologise unreservedly for what these images seem to portray".

"They look entirely disrespectful, which of course was not and would never be the intention of the Top Gear team, or Matt [LeBlanc]."

Strikes me he’s apologising for nothing whatsoever purely to appease the morons who still live under the impression that their hero was somehow ousted from his job on an unfair basis.

“We musnt upset the regular top gear fans” etc etc

Well, fuck them, the old show was tired and vapid like its presenters. Make something new and better (and gingerer) and fuck them all and if that includes doing burn outs round a big pile of concrete in London, feel free to crack on.

16. are you a pigeon?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Astronomically speaking - yes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. But you gotta love Clarkson's political views? He'd get my vote for No.10. Him and Donald Trump! A tag team if you will..... Excellent!

19. me too mate

Do Not Sell My Personal Information