1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Top Gear Lineup

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by timberwolf, Feb 11, 2016.

1. If you read what the main military complainer said (a retired general of summit) he said many in the Military consider the Cenotaph a war grave akin to a cemetery.
    Partly because many WW1 and 2 dead were never buried or found but are honoured yearly at the Cenotaph.

I don't have a particular opinion either way really but of all the places they could have done donuts, why pick somewhere that they clearly think with hindsight was wrong. I have seen the pics and you can see a lot of skid marks about 100 yds or so from the Cenotaph about where Charlie 1 got his head lopped off in 1649. There are Police bikes everywhere and diversion signs so the authorities must have green lighted it also.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 100 yards? Pretty close and therefore not terribly respectful.

Who'd a thunk it, Top Gear producers failing to be sensitive about things that are actually important?

3. Bet he won't be hacking around in any convertibles with that dead cat glued on his nut?

4. Blatantly obvious why they are apologising...
    Because they knew damn well that people would complain and that it would get them media attention right from the start.It's no different to all the "falling out" between the z-list judges on x-factor or Britain's got (no) talent...
    And by apologising now they get even MORE attention and press coverage - its classic Ginger Twat.
    If they don't pull stupid stunts like this everyone will have forgotten about their crap re-hash of Top Gear before it even gets to air...

5. Surprised there are any SS fans on here,she didn't hide her disdain for English,(or British,I can't remember the exact term she used),riders on the Nurburgring/Transit episode...especially so as she adopted that superior smirk of those who insult but pretend they are just being funny.Not like she hasn't had enough practice anyway:
    "According to her own estimates, Schmitz has gone around the track more than 30,000 times, increasing by approximately 1200 per year. Her familiarity with the circuit earned her the nicknames "Queen of the Nürburgring" and "the fastest taxi driver in the world". She says her favourite parts of the track are Schwedenkreuz and Fuchsröhre.[3]
    Her company, Nürburgring-based Sabine Schmitz Motorsport, offers advanced driver training and a "Ring Taxi" service for passengers. Sabine herself ceased driving the "Ring Taxi" in 2011".

Fantastic driver,wouldn't want to buy her a drink.
    I doubt I'll be watching the new one,the old prog was dismissive of anything British-made that didn't carry a mega-price tag,so up it's own arse that no one mentioned that huge numbers were produced,(Marina range on it's own 1.2 million sold) and were exported worldwide.Might be why James May looked uncomfortable at times,he seems a bit more grounded in reality than the other two buffoons.
    Sounds like it's just going to be more of the same,i.e BBC job creation scheme for the favoured few.

6. Yes, but she's hot !
    Marinas, allegros, Vivas etc were all crap... Were then, are now - massive import taxes and misplaced British nationalism is the reason why so many sold in the UK. Then people figured out how good the foreign stuff was just as the British car industry tore itself apart in a huge fight between inflexible unions and stupid, lazy management...
    That bit is definitely true...
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Top Gear host Richard Hammond insists H982 FLK number plate WAS a coincidence and says 'we would never joke about soldiers'

Read more: Top Gear's Richard Hammond insists number plate WAS a coincidence | Daily Mail Online

Jeremy Clarkson calls Argentinian Falklands War veterans 'a bolshy bunch of war-losing b****** w******'

Clarkson said “I knew the s*** would hit the fan” – referring to anger over the plate, which featured the year of the war.

Locals were furious when it was spotted as the crew filmed in Ushuaia, southern Argentina, in 2014.

“They are just a bolshy bunch of war losing b****** w******, he went on in a public talk at the China Exchange in central London.

i cannot wait until someone chins that horrible twat in the street, cant be long now

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. lol

It’s a great shame the argie’s never caught up with that obnoxious tory c*nt bubble, I’d have paid amazon prime money to watch them kick the the living crap out of him and the other two weasels and no one could deny they didn’t deserve it, seeing as its now been confirmed they deliberately set out to offend a whole country. :thumbsup:

9. It made them heroes in the Falklands - there are lods of people down here still driving around with graphics of that number on their vehicles...
    I don't care one way or the other about whether the number palte was a coincidence or not - but I do object to the BBC wasting licence-payers money allowing them to go to Argentina in the first place. The country is a bankrupt, corrupt war-mongering hole...

10. That's the key word in all this hate isn't it? He isn't a leftie, his must die.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. He's a funny Tory so I like him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I'm warming to it after this interview
    Matt LeBlanc names Valentino Rossi as one of his racing legends and admits to 173 on a 999

• Like Like x 1
  13. "admits to" or "claims to have done" ?
    If he doesn't know that the speed limit in America hasn't been 55 for decades, then what hope is there ?
    The 55 limit (which was implimented in 1974 as a response to the oil crisis) was changed to 65 on many roads in 1987/88, and was removed altogether in 1995... Is this the level of accuracy we can expect from the new team ?

14. Sabine is actually a really nice woman, we've met her a few times in normal circumstances as she's friends with the family we stay with at the nordschleife, we quite regularly see her in the bar and she's far from pretentious, just a decent local lass

To be honest even though I'm not sure about the new line up, I must say I prefer Sabine to the ginger twat leading the way by a mile.....he's just a knob

Here's a pic of my mate with her a few years back outside the hotel in Barweiler, it's the first time he met her hence the extremely cheesey grin :)

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Didn't know a 999 would do 173 mph. At least they're providing useful consumer advice if nothing else.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Maybe it was actually 173kph ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information