New Tyres Time For Multistrada V4s

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Sicilian, Jan 1, 2024.

1. My pleasure. BTW, do check the outside (service) diameter of the tire you're replacing the Pirreli's with.
    Fortunately, Pirelli publishes that all their 190/55 models are 656mm in outside service diameter. The fronts 120/70 are all 612mm.
    Strive for finding your next purchase with the same. Otherwise, you'll have to make some pre-load, comp and rebound changes which is a lengthy exercise to match the OEM geometry (assuming you liked it of course).

#41 DarR, Mar 28, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  2. Michelin Road 6. Have ridden it through some ridiculous weather touring. See wear here around 6k miles most of that fully loaded and some light offroading was fine

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/cnc-racing-carbon-parts-fullsix.99210/#post-2154730

Have the angel GT2s on my K1300s. Sportier tyre in my view but I have not tried both tyres on both bikes. Don't feel like they'd be very good on gravel though whereas the Road 6s were kind of fine (taking it easy)

#42 echa, Apr 10, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  3. If memory serves me right the V4 s has a tyre calibration option on the TFT for such an occasion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IMG_0450.jpeg IMG_0449.jpeg Used Conti TA3 brilliant tyres , waiting for the Road tech 02 to arrive .

5. Have now ridden through some appalling conditions (rain, standing water and gravel) with the Roadtec 02s during a 500 mile weekend trip. IMO, not quite as accomplished as the 01SE in the same conditions but that might be the extra 40kg the V4 PP has over my Multistrada 1200. I need to fit the 01SE to the PP to make a direct comparison. I will say, with over 1200 miles on the new tyres, the wear rate is very encouraging for touring. Andy

6. I’m trying the 02 as when I had the 01se on the Gs ( not the V4) the tyres felt good , the only issue was under hard braking as the front went floaty , I think it’s due to the design of the front with the many rain channels which caused the bike to walk not dig in , this was maybe due to the GS weight ,but always put me off them . The 02 look like they offer less channels so I hope more grip , less walking . Let’s see as these are for a 19 not the 17 :upyeah::upyeah:

7. That is true.The MTS 1260 has a tyre (notice the spelling LOL) calibration feature.
    That feature is ok but has limitations. It will do tyres and gearing but calibrating the Speedometer to the GPS is out of its range.

8. Best pay attention to the Speedo and play safe lol or re calibrate the difference in our own heads .

9. Just noticed the tyre lol :p it’s the correct spelling last time I looked , well unless your in Trump land lol :):)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information