1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 New V4 Imminent?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Jul 21, 2024.

1. I can't think of anything worse than riding a Panigale on the road. They are bad enough in the paddock.
    Or maybe I don't bend enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SSA and desmo valves are quintessentially Ducati. That’s why some people get hung up on it.
    SSA may be flawed but they are beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The latter probably. I find Panigales very comfortable, both on track and road. The v4s are not road appropriate though imho. V2 a different kettle of fish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Its obviously holding the bike back in Superbike racing now otherwise they would not have changed. In that context its deeply flawed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I guess the SSSA adds significantly to cost. The weight and the complexity of the hub and hub bearings alone. They can completely change the swingarm in superbike so I imagine it will roll out with a Suter swingarm like half the grid

6. You do wonder why they don't powder coat/ anodise the cover black at the factory. It would look a million times better.

7. What dates are you in Almeria, I'm there in October

• Like Like x 1
  8. I quite like it

9. No L twin,no trellis and now no single sided.:triumph:
    Saying that,the new swing arm is something different to the norm.

10. I like the Swingarm also, especially if it has nicely finished adjusters and components etc.

The swingarm is obviously compromised though by the exhaust. I wouldn’t be surprised if the race bike has a side mount exhaust

11. 26th to 29th I think… Bike Promotions. German outfit :):upyeah:

12. Great!! Look forward to seeing you if you’re there :D:upyeah:

13. Then wrap up and over to Portimao with No Limits…

14. I can't see it either ...

15. Do you have a MyDucati profile that shows your ‘garage’ and where you can see the servicing history carried out by the dealer ? Andy

16. But isn't the fact the Ducati has the single swingarm its standout item and what gives it that appeal, it will now just look like any other bike. Honda maybe

17. Didn’t Honda have a SSSA before Ducati?

Ducati’s forte has always been being at the leading edge of technology rather than following one single marketing idea imho.

18. Yes, no servicing details though. Don't think my profile's completely set up on there, tried to add ownership details several times but it's never worked. No matter, I'll get over it.

19. yeah on the RC bikes i think. but if you ask anyone what bikes have a single swingarm it is the Ducati that would come to mind. it is the reason it gets the stop and look , pics etc. it is part of the brand like door openings on a lambo or an Aston Martin front grille.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Am I right in thinking the dssa is so they can extend the wheel base?

And if so what are the expected benefits performance wise? (Apart from going faster)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information