1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 New V4 Imminent?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Jul 21, 2024.

1. First race of 2025 V4's

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Whatever people’s thoughts on the new bike, with Pirelli slicks and almost certainly fork and shock kits, pecco was less than 1.9seconds off the WSBK lap record.

I’m not saying the new bike is miles faster than the old one, more that in general I don’t think we have ever had road bikes that are as close to superbikes. Before anyone says they were super tuned, they all had the key still in them.

also fair play Ducati for not going keyless, I have it on my triumph and never think ‘oh wow how this is saving me any effort at all’

• Like Like x 2
  3. Different discs and calipers as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Love it. God bless MM. :D

5. Yes and judging by the colour of the discs, they were certainly used hard.

20240728_121850.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not anytime soon. I went and had another look at it today and spoke to the head designer and the "Project V21S" manager. Whilst it is bristling with new and very clever tech, I'm not sold on the looks yet. The front end is such a departure and other elements of the bike don't seem to gel with each other. It might grow on me but I will wait and see if I'm swayed or not.

7. No doubt! :D

Calipers look like finned MS (I think standard boots on the bottom of the forks which would indicate 100mm), which I don’t think are really that much better than Stylema. Interesting to choose them over Hypure (or maybe Brembo can’t even get their supply chain sorted out for this event). ;)

8. Hiw did he lose to pecco on the same spec bike lol?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Watch it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1

10. Enjoyable. Fair play to ducati for putting that and their riders on the line. Bet it was an incredible event.
    The Pec Man towing that whole field around on a bike he’s never ridden was pretty impressive shows how much confidence he’s riding with.
    A Marquez on Bautista was funny.
    M Marquez is just like that idiot mate you invite to the pub praying he doesn’t embarrass you but always ends up fighting the barmaid or some such :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ducati just baffle me these days… look at the pricing for these….

IMG_1211.png
    IMG_1212.png
    IMG_1213.png

• WTF WTF x 1
  12. The Audi bean counters are in full swing to see who can cough up the $$ to spend on these frivolities. The pricing is just ridiculous.

13. But enough people are happy to pay the money out.

Look at the number of very expensive limited editions this year that sell out immediately.

The coloured brake calipers just beggar belief to me. Paying a fortune for no benefit at all is so bizarre.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Agree the pricing is getting more and more ridiculous especially for the exhaust systems, but for the brake calipers do you get to keep the standard non painted "OEM" version? With exhaust and some other parts you keep the OEM versions. If you get to keep the original non painted ones, the pricing is not that bad, but if you pay 777 and they keep the non painted version it is highway robbery :)

15. I assume that you are paying for the parts/accessories as individual items but the bike comes from the factory with all the stock parts, so you are paying for stuff you will have even though you don't want it.

It would presumably be cheaper if it came from the factory how you ordered it.

If I want the base with forged wheels, why should I have to keep or sell the cast ones... Same for lots of other upgrades.

Exhaust is slightly different - not for road use but the bike has to be registered for the warranty as far as I understand it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The issue with the accessory pricing is it goes further towards the like of Porsche. For example, if you ‘HAVE’ to spec the cruise control and the sat nav for fear if it hurting used prices then it gets silly. It’s like with the Porsches where everything is extra but can you imagine the 911 that never got the fancy brakes, so everyone has to future proof

or you get that bloke looking at the used one going “what, £25k a year old and it doesn’t have any of the extras, pfft”

• Like Like x 1
  17. Those sort of things generally add about 3 quid a month to the PCP so easy money for the manufacturer. Can’t blame them offering those things to people who simply must have a brand new car every 2/3 years

• Like Like x 1
  18. At least if you order the carbon brakes you don't also get a box with the steel brakes in it and a full-price paid for the carbon brakes. ;)

19. oh god… I’m probably just jealous, I’d love to be even thinking of dropping cash on Porsche’s but I just think these days I’m no longer a Ducati level of comfortable either!

I saw a clean 2018 V4 with pipes at Calne for sale, was still £16k so they are holding their money it seems

20. BMW have been doing this adding accessories and prices for years. Ducati have recently realised just how lucrative it is.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information