V4 New V4 Imminent?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Jul 21, 2024.

1. I got so pissed off with the price hikes at Ducati since Audi took them over. Plus, the never ending limited editions. I kept my Desmo and 1098R and sold the 1199SL and 1299SL and I luckily made small profits on the pair of them.

I contacted my Yamaha dealer whom I hadn’t used in 20 years and bought an R1M with a few trinkets. Best decision I made. I love my 1098R but the R1M is so easy and fluid to ride. The handling is the best of all the bikes I’ve ridden. The engine sounds awesome and it’s so easy to work on. I was in no rush for the bike so the dealer gave a very generous discount on all the accessories and fitted them all for free in return for filming the build which they’ll use on social media. The fit and finish is awesome. With the exhaust, Sprint air filter and ECU flash, the bike makes insane power and in Power Mode A is simply too aggressive for the road. My one and only gripe is the dash is a bit small and low resolution. However, it’s insanely easy to navigate.

IMG_4566.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nice.

I’ve heard the brakes are a bit wooden?

3. Probably not after the set up on the floor was fitted

4. Sorry if I’m being dumb but not sure what you mean. What’s set up on the floor?

Probably something obvious.

5. Think he means that the brembos on the floor will soon be on the bike.....

6. Yes I did, assumed that's what was going to happen, but probably wrong

7. I knew I was being thick.

So I guess Brembo brakes as opposed to stock are the way to go.

8. The standard brakes are definitely not up to Brembo standards. There’s enough power but they lack feel, probably because of the ABS system. I changed the brakes for a full Brembo system, including callipers, discs, master cylinder, lever (and matching clutch lever). I also fitted HEL brake lines. It’s transformed the braking system. Additionally, I had Gilles rearsets, etc., fitted (they are beautiful). I changed all in unpainted black plastic to FullSix carbon. Although I’m not a fan of fitting non-OEM equipment to my bikes, the fit, finish are weave pattern are identical to stock. I had Gandini front and rear sprockets and a D.I.D chain (all 520 pitch) fitted. Finally, I swapped the standard cast magnesium wheels for Marchesini Forged Aluminium ones. It’s now a very special bike and all in cost about £30k with the discounts. I absolutely love it. It’s the most so natural to ride, it’s frighteningly easy to change direction and whilst the engine is the smoothest I’ve ever experienced on a bike, it’s also very fast and sounds amazing. It was a big decision to go back to Yamaha but the dealer has been awesome as has Yamaha.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Wow. That’s a proper spec mate.

Enjoy!

10. No, you aren’t being thick at all. Stock are fine for power but I wanted this to be a special bike. I’m very pleased with it. As mentioned, I just got so pissed off with Ducati, they are just getting too expensive. I don’t mind paying a thick wad of cash for the actual bike but the price of accessories are in fantasy land.

I have a Ferrari 458 Italia with full CF interior, engine bay, CF backed seats, rear diffuser, door kick plates and front “aeroelastic winglets”. I expect to pay a bit for Ferrari stuff (actually, their prices aren’t too bad) but £700 for a painted belly pan for a race exhaust for a V4. Seriously. Over £7k for an exhaust. Nah. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Thanks Boss. I absolutely love it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. i look forwards to seeing one in the flesh, i guess there will be a lot to admire

• Like Like x 1
  13. I agree with this, I had upgraded discs on mine, and I removed the ABS but the brakes were still wooden. I don’t think it’s the calipers as such though, I think the master cylinder is weak. However, at big big boy pace maybe the brembo calipers are a good upgrade

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah, I heard the master cylinder isn’t up to snuff. Actually, on the test ride, I got used to the brakes. I only noticed their weakness when I jumped on my 1098R. With the Brembo upgrade, they are now awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 1500 Euros for 2025 V4 DP rearsets. The pricing just keeps getting bonkers. I really want to get the 26 V4R, but I wonder what they will price it as. I know inflation is high, but clearly Ducati is hell bent on moving it higher.

upload_2024-7-31_14-25-55.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ducati dont care about normal punters. They only care about selling it to those loaded types who have it as an orniment and never ride it. Ducaudi are a fraud and a bunch of grifters. I mean, what kind of idiot are you to pay for the lambo sfv4 etc. Just buy a normal one and paint it yourself. Save £30k. How the new v4 is 8k more than the old one overnight is anyones guess. Meanwhile my 1299 will still hang with sthou, v4, rsv and r1 whilst sounding glorious with half the cylinders. VTwins rule!

Loaded peeps who rag them excluded of course.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. The bike definitely looks better with contrasting black winglets. Of all the "Race Of Champion" bikes out at WDW2024, I thought Bautista's looked the best, plus the black infill painted areas drag the impression down, where the predecessor's air intakes would have been. Take a look at the Gresini liveried ones by comparison, which look a lot more insipid.

20240727_200525.jpg 20240727_195759.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. As well as the elephant in the room swingarm, I am not sold on the much higher front end that exposes more of the front wheel. Almost looks as if the bike is jacked up at the front. Here are the stock and souped up "S" variants I managed to get a shot of, before they closed the pit lane doors on me.

20240727_180535.jpg 20240727_180511.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. The red wings make me think of the red front fender you get on the base spec pani, definitely prefer that sort of thing in black. I suppose it inspires you to upgrade to the inevitable bare carbon ones

20. Looks like a Multistrada :D

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information