1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice New 950 Sss......but.....

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Speedy23, Oct 16, 2021.

1. I was more concerned with their atrocious human rights issues, but this thread isn’t the place for it.

2. Not saying a word but you will notice the absence of....white.

I did play with the idea of getting the 950 Yellow wrapped. The paint finish in red isn't the best...absence of lacquer over the decals doesn't give the greatest impression. Probably my biggest gripe about this bike....how much would clearcoating have added to the cost? Inexplicable, given that the rest of the bike is so nice..

3. Just a word on the panniers, they’re aren’t water proof. I bought some (cheap, possibly Chinese :blush:) ruck sack liners, the rolled top type, as pannier liners. Really good. Don’t trust those water proof cover the panniers come with.

Those 2 bikes look good together

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Mine was made in Bologna, but those for the far eastern and some other markets are made, or possibly just assembled, in Thailand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well, new levers arrived today....eagerly scurried off up the garden to the Spaghetti Shack to fit 'em....

Only thing the "minimal" instructions didn't mention is the fact you have to press the bushes out of the old levers so you can remove the actuator pins (the bits that bear on the M/C piston) to use in the new levers.....that added another 20 minutes to the job....

But they're on, all seems to work OK, clutch microswitch fully functional, no brake binding so pleased.

Just waiting for a dry day to try 'em out, now..
    20211019_162723.jpg 20211019_162729.jpg

6. They look exactly the same as my ebay China ones. I wonder where they are made. :D

7. China, probably.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Very nice

9. They are not a 'British manufacturer' if their stuff is made in China.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yep, probably the ones that don't think casual racism is a good look. Anyway, you can call them snowflakes, or melts or something and then you'll win the internet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mine was made in Bologna. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. My Scrambler was made in Bologna, it was very nice, but not as nice as my Thruxton 1200 that was made in Thailand! (In fairness the Thruxton costs a lot more than a Scrambler :) )

13. Well 310 miles on the clock. Starting to loosen up a bit, tyres just about run in. Gotta love those Pirellis - so confidence inspiring. This has reminded me exactly why i :heart: Italian bikes again. Getting into the groove of it, oh yes.

Very, very pleased.....handles like a dream, and haven't even has the suspension set up properly yet...I thought I would leave it until the first service to give it a chance to wear in....maybe that was unnecessary?

Still having to watch the organic rev-limiter (AKA the right wrist)....having to remind my self to stop the upward climb at 5 1/2 thousand to stop the trail turning that pretty yellow colour....but it seems to get there so effortlessly, it's almost a shame to stop it. Especially during overtakes and the old traffic-light GP. But once it's run in properly, I can see this is going to be a right hoot.

I think this bike is just right for me - not quite as extreme a position as my 900SS or the V2 that Cov Duc kindly let me have a go on.

Really glad that Yamaha had to issue the recall on the FJRs.....'cos if it hadn't have happened, I wouldn't be here now! I suppose everything happens for a reason...........

So just need to get the first service in before Winter takes a grip.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information