1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nodding.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by luckymarine, Apr 16, 2013.

1. These days I pretty much only "return nod" - actually a small gesture of the hand here - and then only if I'm not "on it" with bends coming up. Ruins your concentration and as you tend to go where you're looking...

A summer weekend in the Alps and there are just too many bikes to acknowledge.

2. Always have, and always will... Shared adversity, and all that... I acknowledge anyone on two wheels. As far as the "today's scooter rider is tomorrow's bike rider" line goes - I think you'll find a few of today's scooter riders are also today's bike riders : I have both... From 30+ years of experience I have to say that the only stereotype I can make is that Harley riders never acknowledge anything that isn't a Harley - don't know why, maybe it's that HD eleteism thing... And I will always stop for another bike (of any kind) that looks like it has broken down : even if all I can do is lend them a mobile phone to call the RAC or give them a lift to the nearest petrol station. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you..."

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nod when going in opposite directions

But ,,,,,,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366302273.781261.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366302273.781261.jpg

4. I NOD at big ears..........well mostly.......:smile:

5. I think I've learnt a lot about modern motorcyclists through this thread. But I can't say I like what I find. I thought that motorbikes were motorbikes, but it seems not. Harley riders are universally ignored, so it's no surprise they don't wave; BMW riders only passed their test three weeks ago, so it's unfair to expect them to lift an arm from the vice-grip they've got on their bars; sportsbikers are too elitist (or too scared) to wave, Triumph riders don't understand the rules, and Ducati riders are so far up their own arses it's a surprise anyone waves at them.

I honestly despair:frown:

6. looks like casey stoner!,

7. Nowhere near miserable enough.

8. It's funny if I'm on my rat CG you get ignored.
    If I'm on the monsters I get more nods .

I have to say people always approach me at petrol stations on the monsters especially the black one !
    Want to ask questions and chat :)

9. I nod to everyone on two wheels (mostly). The vast majority nod back (or beat me to the first nod). Sometimes, due to circumstances, I may not nod (or reciprocate someone's else's nod), or vice-versa.

I certainly do not have the time or inclination to choose whether or not I acknowledge a fellow two-wheeler on the basis of their machine, clothes etc. of choice. Anyone who does is probably travelling too slowly, or has too much time on their hands!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. On the way home from work I saw this young lad sat on side of road, misty rain coming down, 125 chinese thing.....he'd run out of oil!! and he could not get anyone on the phone .....and no money,
    I went back got my fully synth and a small bottle.....we filled up his bike and gave him small bottle full and asked him if he would like a hand to keep the bike up together cause I could see he did not have a clue.....".Nah I'm alright" he said.
    Nodded to him the other morning when I saw him again.....

you can only do so much.....

• Like Like x 2
  11. I nod to all 2 wheels....I actually get disappointed when some dont respond back.....I thought we were a brotherhood?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I was so pleased to be out on the bike today, I even nodded to a quad bike and a scooter!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I nodded to three scooters yesterday. :smile:

14. I nodded to a scooter today, rode home and had a shower.

Too set in my ways.

15. That's cos there's too much new money picking and choosing who they nod to...

16. Its when you nod to mobilty scooters that you know you have a problem :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  17. The old bastards always nod back, though:biggrin:

18. I find it's only the one's with Parkinsons that do that :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ahhh, there was me thinking they had radios on those things!

20. I nodded to a car driver on my rideout yesterday.

Well, he was in a glossy black lambo. I couldn't help myself :smile:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information