1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one track day in. and trying out for a ducati team !!,,,,tips please

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Terry_Tibbs, Oct 12, 2012.

1. That Belgian accent, Al ... wow! Were you channeling? Sacré bleu!

2. Msieu Terry-Tibb, tell to me please.......if your test was yesterday, your absence from this forum is tres conspicuous, is that not so 'Astings?

Is there not some possibilty Monsieur Tell is maybe 'ow you say, 'up a bush of glue?'

I am 'oping Inspector Japp can fling a candle on the subject.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yup, all true.

I was on a trackday a squillion years ago at Croft, on the 750ss and had knee, toes, brake lever, and headerpipes dragging on the floor round Clareveaux, thinking that I was well 'ard and properly going for it, when the late Ronnie Smith came round the outside of me, going many MPH faster on an old snotter of a 250LC. I gave chase, and shortened the distance considerably down the back straight, followed his braking point into Tower, and promptly binned it on the lowside when the ground clearance ran out. I learned that day to be careful who you follow. He was very nice about it later though, saying that he wondered what the crashing noise was behind him. Great days.

4. Being a decent "inters" rider is miles away from even club racing. Not just in speed but the attitude of those you are sharing the track with.

good luck anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rich has been instructing a Castle Combe on Wednesdays of late so I suspect that's where he was.

6. Ah....'Astings, this would be the nearest circuit to Monsieur Terry_Tibb, n'est ce pas?

Eef this is the case, mon ami; in all possibilty, 'as Monsieur Tell been leading us, 'ow you say, up the back passage?

7. What is the food like in the Bristol Royal Infirmary....anyone know?:biggrin:

8. The suspense is killing me.

9. Best thread ever. The tension is killing me!

10. Yes I agree this is really making me chuckle!! keep going all you alpha males......love the banter and whenever i can i take a look to see if there is an update:upyeah:

11. Terry_Tibbs Last Activity 16-10-12 22:05! Where is my main man! Has he jumped on plane to malayasia to replace Vinales? El Tel, please check in..................

12. Who remembers colicadaman on Ducatisti ?

I have a hunch that Terry_Tibbs is Colicadaman!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quasimodo had a hunch...............or was it his airscoop in his leathers?

AL

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fucking hell, I was thinking the exact same thing.........!!:eek:

15. Was that the lad that did 150mph on his 748 and scraped the pegs on every corner.
    Steve

16. If Terry was trying to wind us up, he's succeeded! :smile:

17. That's the one!

18. When I was in Louigis the other week, he was talking about doing the instruction at Doom instead of Pembrey, and he chatted to a guy whis first trackday was very quick for a newbie, and he may have said about loaing his race bike out....we chatted for a while like so may have merged 10 sunjects into one....thh tho I would literally wet myself if this turns kosha and the geezer is the next Shakey :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  19. do you remember what he looks like John - if you can zoom in on 'loaded up' picture I think our Tel can be seen in the rear view mirror (I bet he's winking)

20. Whoever he is, i hope he ain't dead.... :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information