Featured Online Competitions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iang27, Oct 10, 2024 at 11:38 AM.

1. I hope he lives in it 6m first so no evil capital gains tax….

2. I won some Oxford heated handlebar grips. My bike has excellent ones as standard, anyone want them?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I have never won anything, but a work colleague won a Golf GTI 3 or 4 years back. He still has it. :)

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. PM sent (Winter is coming!)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Hi John

if you are able to look at the forum now under recent posts I have just bumped the advert I placed a while ago with all the info.
    Best
    Michel

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Thanks Michael, I will pass as these are for sports bikes and around 10mm shorter than the ones I need (adv type) but as temps are dropping rapidly, yours are sure to go soon!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Oxford ones do heat up nicely, much better than Ducati ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. FWIW, I find heated gloves are a better solution than heated grips or handlebar muffs. The former only heat the inside of your hand, which isn’t the side exposed to the wind chill, and the latter are bulky and look shit.

I’ve just bought a pair of RST Paragons to replace the ones I got a few years ago, but the left one had stopped working. The hearing element is on the back of the hand and fingers (ie: where it is needed) and unlike most heated clothing, the element runs off an integral rechargeable battery, ie: you don’t have to faff about connecting a lead to your bike’s battery or run the risk of forgetting you’re still attached to the bike when you get off it and thereby snapping the said lead.

https://jsaccessories.co.uk/product...zO7Y7Z0eMrbs5VXfDvoNKsZY2JA716LxoCL_QQAvD_BwE

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for being my heated grips sales rep. Luckily many bikes also have hand guards which help keep the windchill down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Eh? That doesn't even make sense. I wasn't pushing heating grips.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I think that was the problem :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. My circulatory system tends to avoid bothering my hands with any blood at the best of times, so I have amassed an armoury of ‘active’ options - heated undergloves and heated waterproof gloves, with independent battery and direct plug-in options and they are great used in the right conditions on the right bike, but I do like a pair of heated grips in combination with hand guards on an Adv type bike.

13. Ah, my bad. Posting in haste. I thought you were thinking of getting some.

• Like Like x 1
  14. A mate won a £75k VW T5 camper thingy, a girl in the office won a TZR250 and a customer has won a V4 Panigale.

I really should get on the back of this!

15. i know of one family that have won to RS focus's worth around 25k each.

16. I would consider a "hundred quid" bet if the the profits were going to a charity that I approved of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not online but a few years ago a friend was in a local shopping centre where they had one of those win a new Ferrari raffles going on; as he had some spare cash he bought a ticket for $200AUD - and the jammy git managed to win and got a brand new Ferrari 430 complete with insurance/registration (the latter for 12 months, the car was his)

Funniest thing about it was he lived on a property with a long unsealed driveway that had a bit of a hump in it - he was complaining to us that he had to pay out money to a contractor to level the driveway so he could get the Ferrari down it to his house lol :joy::pensive: (BTW he got no sympathy from us!)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. A old colleague of mine recently won a lambo huracan AND a G wagon or RS6 recently. There was a cash alternative but I think it was a better deal to take the cars and sell both privately. He paid £5 as a last minute punt. Genuinely lovely chap it was great to see, and confirmed that the comp is legit.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  19. Did they sell it and get £2.5m for it?
    I hear the Omaze houses are “generous” with their valuations?
    There was a £2.5m one recently won near me, a bloke from Pudsey won it (300 miles away). Apparently it was on the market for a long time before Omaze bought it, it’s gone straight back on the market for £2.5m, its current on at £2.3m. I think it may be a bit ambitious for the road, most of the houses down there are 6-700k?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. It’s inspired me to have a tenner on a handful of tickets to win a Bentley :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information