1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimate

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by JamieD, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Does he not shag women or wank because it will wear his dick away?

2. Used a battery tender for years, without any problems. Just one man's experience.

3. You mean one of these or didn't you mean the brand?

71IV3dEFXiL__SL1500_.jpg

4. I mean, a battery tender. A Datatool. And an Optimate. Neither has given me problems.

5. We had a very deep discussion the other night in the pub when one of the regulars announced that glass was a liquid (I think he may be a daily mail or sun reader).

I thought that every knew that this urban myth isn't true.
    Anyone want to run with this one?

6. Glass is an "amorphous solid".

Next!

7. Battery tender is an american term...
    We had great fun translating our English technical manuals into English (American).

"Press the "A" key"....became "Press the "A" button".
    I got so fed up trying to remember that I set up a Macro in word, but then forgot about it.
    Several months later my Emma was finishing her Music Masters dissertation on my pc; since it got late I left her to it.
    She work me in tears at 3am....thinking she had gone suicidally mad (a normal state for most musicians) !!!
    "In the key C major or the Key of minor" became...."In the button of C the the Button of minor"
    Still made as much sense to me.

upload_2014-10-29_16-57-4.jpeg

#67 AirCon, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  8. Thanks :)

9. It's not liquid, it is an amorphous solid - my first job was at an industrial glass works making bottle and jars and I got to go on a weeks glass blowing course where at the end of the week I blew my own wine glass - still got it :Happy:

• Like Like x 2
  10. I knew someone would wiki that....:Banghead:

Debye-Scherrer equation anyone?

11. Cool...I wished I had a skill like that....:oops:
    I'm going to book myself on a roofing lead course...I just love the way the old boys bend, craft and weld that stuff together. As much an art as a skill.:rolleyes:

12. OK, Non crystalline then ;)

13. LOL.

Scientific American is your friend. Or you could ask Exige (after I've already answered).

14. Glass eventually assumes a crystalline form, long after it was created.

15. My glass is about 4mm thick and it's wobbly when you turn it so not much skill was learned in a week - but I love it like only its' creator could :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was agreeing with you and expanding on why I knew, you cock ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Play nice now...
    [​IMG]

18. 1198 is on a trickle 24/7. Still on OEM battery. Bought bike new in 2011.

916 has battery disconnected and stored. I occasionally plug it back in and, recharge it fully and fire her up. Battery was bought pre 2010. I considered draining it but cant be arsed. If it fucks up ill just buy another.

19. I've not ridden that one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information