1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting Gloss First Or Emulsion?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dirty Leeds, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Pro painter told me once, if you can piss you can paint, but the secret is in the prep.
    Cut in first then roller and take masking tape off if you've used it before the paint dries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. i cant find my glasses and my spelling sucks so most of what i am typing is best guess.... tbh the content of what i type is best guess also..... but not with decorating, im fucken good at that. not that that is much to be proud of....

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. always cut in first or you will see the difference in texture... another way to tell a pro from a chancer... this includes when doing the mist coat unless you plan on sanding the fuck out of it...

4. Not read this one from the front page,but for me on my last project i painted the walls first with two coats in total,then the gloss work afterwards,then i needed to touch in / repaint another emulsion on top,this worked out well because you can wipe down with a damp rag as you go.

• Like Like x 2
  5. i guess it all depends on if you are doing it for a living and want to make money. and not have any problems... there is more than one way to fuck a donkey but not all of em pay.....
    if its ya own place and you dont mind taking ages/ going round in circles, you can fuck that donkey any way you want.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Donkey, thought kiwi’s preferred Sheep’s?

7. this kiwi cant afford to narrow the market.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I like a mule that has attitude don't you.:confused:...........you could be right who knows as it was my baby & not yours?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ah I see, in London village there are more Donkey’s Than Sheep’s. Gotcha

10. im in Ipswich atm... elpacka territory..
    nearly pulled a blond last night.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. IMG-20200518-WA0000.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. the length of her neck is what attracted me... it may help prevent internal damage....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Said pinocchio.;)

14. Must be the only resident female in that county who has the correct amount of digits per leg and not extra which is the norm out East.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. That high power overhead cable probably explains why your pet hamster has changed so much

good luck stuffing that up your bum

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. 5g will be fun for pets and such.

17. lube not luck is required here.... that tower has no cables... it was built many years back but then denied permission so was to be taken down for scrap last year but the steel market crashed so it stays for now... its handy for me as i dont know the area and my sat nav dont work in these parts so i just aim for the big fuck off tower.... ish....

18. Walls then skirting board & picture rail & then window ledges. So emulsion then glossing'

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information