1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale insurance

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JohnR, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Was it £436 without the scrambler? Lol

I pay £500 for 1199 and m1100s. I'm 30 with 6ncb and with bike sure.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. To put credit where credit is due; a massive thumbs up from me for MCE. I had a head on crash last year which was mostly just aesthetic looking damage that I thought would cost around a grand for some body panels. Due to a few very minor scratches on some expensive bits it turned out to be £10k, plus £5k for the damage to the car. MCE were absolutely faultless in paying out, plus my £1800 excess was covered by another company which MCE also sorted and paid back to me. They've stopped doing the external excess cover now, but they offer an in-house thing that removes half the excess so you still end up with a pretty good quote.

I can't remember exactly what I payed but I got my licence last January and I had the Duc 1199s Panigale, R1, KTM dirtbike and KTM supermoto all insured on the same policy for ~£750. The first Panigale was a 2012 worth about £13k, but when I traded in for the new one I had to have an agreed value covered of £15k to start with as they wouldn't cover me for any more without astronomical premiums so worth considering this if you are struggling to get covered and you can afford to lose a few grand in the worst case circumstances. Once the policy was modified a few months later when adding another bike they covered me for the full price of the Panigale. I'm getting stung for £1800 this year for the renewal but it's well worthwhile considering they paid out £15k without any qualms.

#22 Monners, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. My renewal is due now and best quote from confused.com is 299 inc legal and excess cover, so very happy with that - down from 650 this past year from MCE. That's for a 2012 ABS Base for 35 year old living in London/Kent borders.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just do I yourself a favour and DONT use Grove and Dean!

5. is anyone knows which insurance company will cover £20000 panigale 1299 s :) i have got 3 years no claim. age 32. i couldn't find anything only mcn gives £7900 quote :) lol

6. Have you tried Ducati insurance?

7. just going to try now thanks ;)

8. My 749 cost £98.00 fully comp .....maybe its customers I'm and old guy ..lol

9. I'm a fair bit older than you but have 3 bikes on a policy with Ducati insurance, one is 20k 1199s, 848 Evo and 848 Streetfighter 7yrs NCD and costs £700 a year hope you get sorted.

10. So I bought my 899 in March and transferred the insurance over from my old gsxr still with Hastings. Price for the remaining three months was £67. Annual renewal is now due so I'm thinking twelve months is four times as much so £300? Nope, £750! Go Compare puts lowest quote at £345 thru MCE but even 27th on the list cheaper than Hastings. Bennetts comes in at £400 so I'll probably go with them once I've told Hastings they're taking the piss!
    46 from Hampshire with ten yrs ncb.

11. i have my 2013 1199 Tricolore s and 2014 Diavel Carbon White , with Ducati Insurance , fully comp for both 675 : )

12. Just renewed my 899 insurance. Cheapest 'Bike Insurer' etc quotes were £205, all through MCE.
    Went with my current insurers at £152 fully comp protected. Policy is through Ageas with £500 excess.
    Worth ringing Cornmarket insurance.

13. Ducati Insurance were the only ones who would touch my Pani R. Anything over 20k and they won't touch it.

14. Call Adam at entire cover. It took a while to find a decent quote for my 1299s but Adam came up trumps!!!

15. Just got a quote for 1199s on a 12 plate (which i pick up on Saturday) from MCE who i have been with for 4 years now they want £163. full comp 600 excess i have 6 years no claims and 54 years young.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information