1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale R Pillion Seat And Foot Pegs

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Makarra, May 22, 2017.

1. Apart from the 1299 pillion seat that you tested Emile... the other one that you tried... what bike was it for? 959? 1199? Any idea if a 959 seat is identical to a 1299 one?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    If you look at the image the sections either side are removable,you can see the sections that clip out then you have enough room to accommodate the pillion seat.
    [​IMG]

3. I hear you buddy, those sections are the ones I referred to earlier by randomly calling them "winglets"... to my untrained non-expert eye, I won't hold my breathe on being able to fit a pillion seat because when you look at the tail unit on my bike even with the sections either side removed and seat cowl removed, I'm struggling not only to put into words what I can see but also can't appreciate how a pillion seat would ever go into the gap... hope that I'm wrong though!

4. The 2 sections either side are not easily removed it involves 4 small screws and then very gently can be clipped off, I wouldn't be doing that every time I want to put the pillion seat on .

6. Hi, Sorry I meant to say that the 1199 pillion seat will definitely will not fit the bike .
    The one I got from eBay s/n 59521091A was advertised to fit 1199
    The one from the dealers s/n 96797210B was supposed to fit my bike according to their records .

7. I am surprised that I was sold the wrong seat and then be told that there is on pillion seat for this bike, I will be on them tomorrow.

8. Spoke to the dealer, Apparently it wasn't on their computer before, he said it must be a new addition and he reckons this one will fit so I have ordered one . The bad news is that delivery will be middle of July .
    Just would like to thank everyone for their help in bringing this matter to a hopefully a happy ending .

9. Spoke to the dealer, Apparently it wasn't on their computer before, he said it must be a new addition and he reckons this one will fit so I have ordered one . The bad news is that delivery will be middle of July .
    Just would like to thank everyone for their help in bringing this matter to a hopefully a happy ending .

10. So which seat has the dealer ordered for you Emile? Do you have a part number?

11. Joke of the day (you are allowed to post jokes on here right?!)... Whilst it'd be cool to carry the odd passenger now and again... the main purpose in relation to getting hold of a pillion seat is in order to secure luggage to the red machine... ironic how I'm struggling with fitting a pannier to a Pani-R ;)

12. Part number 96880231A £12464 less discount. Its a comfort seat, joking aren't they, there is no comfort on this bike just the pleasure of power.
    Yes pillion seat is handy for the odd occasion, Pannier I think you are asking too much . what about a backpack ??

13. I hear you Emile but a backpack just would only give me enough space for my sandwiches! ;) By any chance, would you know if the dealer suggested the comfort seat because they know that the standard Ducati 1299/959 pillion seat will not fit our bikes? Or is it more so because you specifically asked for the comfort seat? I would prefer to get a standard pillion seat but only if it fits of course!

14. I just gave him the part number from the link above. It seems that this is the only pillion seat listed for the pani R . On the same link there is also a touring accessory package for this bike which includes a touring bag but I'm not sure how it fits .
    You can put your sandwiches in the backpack and the drinks in the touring bag .

#57 Emile Gabriel, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  15. Hey Emile, thanks for all the updates! You probably checked this all out already, but just thought to mention that the same seat you have ordered is available online in a handful of places that can get it by around 10th June if you need it quicker, although it does cost more. The cheapest I'm seeing is £140 approximately including delivery... although you're probably not in a rush!

16. I just have a feeling that it might not fit and buying it from the local dealer has the advantage as this time I'll try it there and if it does not fit I wont buy it, I've already got three spare seats, 2 for the previous bike and one for this one,I don't want another to my collection .

17. Hi Emile! I just realised something which you may or may not know already as I've been doing some more research since we last contacted each other, in fact, all I've been doing for the past few weeks is trying to figure out how to fix the pillions seat problem!
    Both of the part numbers that you mentioned are 1199 seats which I only jut checked today, I wish I checked them when you first mentioned them! (59521091A and 96797210B). A few other guys on this forum have mentioned 1299 passenger seats should fit our Panigale R's (that's both the 1299 standard and comfort pillions seats), most if not all of the dealers that I have spoken to have recommended a 1299 seat too (although they won't promise it will fit!). I even spoke to the Ducati factory headquarters in Italy on Friday and whilst they didn't guarantee it (even though they produce the bikes there and have the seats on a shelf and the bikes hanging on the wall there! maybe not ;)), they also said that any 1299 seat should fit our bikes. They are due to contact me back sometime next week to clarify further...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information