1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale R Pillion Seat And Foot Pegs

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Makarra, May 22, 2017.

1. the 3rd bolt is bonded to the heatshield and the nut is under the seat of the bike bolted through the subframe , well it was on mine anyway

2. Thanks for the lightning reply and let me check that all out!

3. So I removed the rider's seat and assuming that the bolt/screw that I can just about catch a glimpse of through a tiny gap is the correct one, it looks as if the tank would need to be lifted or removed completely to access it. Is that what you had to do on yours too?

4. My bike was stripped down when I fitted it so cannot remember what had to come off , may be lift the tank as its a easy job to do, there should only be one bolt in the subframe around the rear header area

5. ok dude, will give that a shot on another occasion as I've run outta time today but really appreciate you following up so fast!

6. Just got my pillion comfort seat yesterday and it fits :upyeah:I think I am going to order a rider comfort seat also as they are much more comfortable and nicer looking than the standard one.
    How are you getting on with the foot pegs?

7. Yo Emile! Had been thinking to mention that you must be receiving your pillion seat soon but you and the postman beat me to it! I'm going abroad on the bike either this coming weekend or the one after and given that it's unlikely that I'll be needing the pegs for anything, I think that I'll leave attempting to fit them until I get back. If someone wants a ride on the back then they'll have to be brave enough with the little seat and their legs hanging off! ;)

8. Hi,I have sent you a massage to your inbox yesterday, Did you receive it?

9. Only just seen your inbox message Emile and I've messaged you back!

10. 20170722_161636.jpg 20170722_145713.jpg 20170725_083551.jpg
    So far so good on the trip folks! Kriega luggage hasn't gone flying off yet and found the latest Ducati Performance part over in north-west Spain... mum's got a bit of a stitch itch going on

• Like Like x 1
  11. I approve of this number plate. However the amount of luggage people take still amazes and confounds me. I manage with a US20 and an R3.

12. I hear you buddy and I wish I could leave it all behind, it's just that more often than not, I'm away for quite a while and need my stuff (or at least I think I do!)... not coming back until October/November!

13. That's an R3 more than me then :p

14. My veiw is buy R models and keep your best friends/ sexy ladies off them?
    gravel rashes dont look good on the fairer sex
    honestly anything i see as dangerous i wouldn't extend the risk to passengers? especially on sport bikes not designed for passengers
    I see ridding fast sport bikes as dangerous that's why i buy and ride them?
    just my opinion?
    I have a scrambler for occasional rides for my wife? my superbikes actually scare the shit out of me, think of
    walls cars cant stop, cant ride around? remembering time i had to stop quickly to avoid a car that pulled out, went straight into stoppy, not stopping released the front applied again straight back into stoppy, steered around car on front wheel! Was ridding a Buel lighting, not Ducati
    Maybe i am wrong never had a bike with anti stoppy anti wheely and ABS?

#94 breakout998, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  15. Got back to London from my euro jaunt this weekend just gone and I can near enough happily report that the best crash protectors that money can buy are... Kriega US Dry-Packs!
    ok... ok... so the bike tipped over whilst stationary only... but still... the copious amounts of Dry-Packs on the rear coupled with the section of the ground that they contacted with being raised higher than the surrounding areas resulted in nothing other than the tiniest of scratches to the end of the clutch lever, absolutely nothing else!
    So there you have it, if you ever wanted a reason to carry way too much luggage, now you have one... although I'll do my best to take less with me next time... and keep the bike upright too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. lol good stuff lucky escape, whats that white sock over your ohlins shock for?

17. 20170723_202446.jpg
    Whilst I was away I visited my old dear whilst I was down in Spain... so you could say that Mum stitched me and the Pani up good and proper! It started off as a bit of a joke just with one for the brake fluid reservoir... and then there was no stopping her!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information