1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale tyres

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rockmeister, Jun 18, 2012.

1. How do you find the Pani compares to the Desmo, in terms of fun, performance and feel?
    There can't be that many people who have owned both so interested in your opinion (if it's not a thread hijack).
    Have you just found us, or been lurking here for a while, post Ducatisti?

2. Hi there, good to speak (well web-speak) again. How is life in Switzerland treating you? Am over in Chamonix at the moment, on the Desmo. If you are local enough we could catch up for a coffee somewhere hilly/sunny/twisty?

Panigale is OK so far, but nothing really comes close to the rush/experience of riding the Desmo. It is one of a kind. Out of the two, I would ride the Desmo every time. It is like being wired into the mains it is so intense.

The Panigale is not very well setup out of the crate (as usual for Ducati) so hard to tell so far. I have about 800mls on mine now and it is a cracking engine up top, nasty and lumpy low down, but really sings on throttle. But the handling is awful (see my other thread just now in that section). Needs setup work before I can really comment. I have 13,000mls on the Desmo so that isn't really a fair comparison - that took some setup work to get that going - but was brilliant thereafter.

Only just found this site - I lost contact with a few people when Ducatisti died. Good to reacquaint with a few friends on the web and in the real world again.

3. How long are you going to be in Chamonix?
    If the weather is half decent next weekend and you're there, sounds like a plan!

4. Am here for a couple of weeks, then back and forth for the rest of the summer - so maybe next weekend is a plan. Weather here today is good, the ride over was "mixed" conditions to say the least, sunshine one minute, heavens opening the next. A few wheelspins here and there!

Let's catch up later in the week. Will send you a PM.
    Best,
    ChamMTB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information