1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale V4 Fork Springs

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by Kaspar, Apr 19, 2022.

1. look just like yours do in the picture . As I said… the bike handles great . No complaints .
    It’s just that it can chew through a Pirelli in 3 sessions and the cable tie is right at the bottom of the fork… So it seems like it could do with a bit of support…

2. I used to struggled with Pirelli’s chewing up on the front. Ended up speaking with a few bsb lads who told me to run the front harder which sorted that out. The Pirelli’s are soft as shite and collapse on themselves.

I’d definitely get your suspension checked dude. Understanding where you are in your set up window will helps loads.

I.e how many clicks you’ve got. What are the click characteristics of those forks. Do they bottom out totally. If they’re decking entirely I’d expect braking issues tbh.
    It could be that you need a bit of compression in her or something or it could be that the springs are just too soft.

understanding the above, getting it written down etc will give you something to go off of.

4. Preload 13
    Comp 10
    Rebound 11

has about 4-5mm left travel left . The cable tie gets pushed all the way down .

It’s in Spain with focused events . But as soon as I can get it looked at I will…

5. You could try an 11 spring kasper but were it me I’d be checking the set up ! As Adam said it may have not quite been set up for you properly especially if it’s chewing the tyres, I’m around 85 kg and the picture was an exception it’s normally around 20mm from bottom the same as my R1 race bike:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Though the tyre wear could be temp/compound combo!! Especially in Spain!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I will definitely check set up as soon as I can

Do Not Sell My Personal Information